Second Skin Audio

Design box for DC XL 12"

jrussell9109

Tuning depends on musical preference and vehicle. 33-35 usually ok. list amp, vehicle models and max dims for a box if you'd like further help.

15D x 18H x 36W max dimmensions, I listen to mostly rap and some rock. Amp is still undecided, either a Skar 2000.1D, Ampere Audio 2000.1, or a DC Audio 2.0k, The car is a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback.

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

dcxl12_B.jpg

DC15_zps1168d9b1.jpg

The 45 o the back left side is not to be done, others done as follows:

turn.jpg

3/4 MDF is cost effective and does the job but if you want to spend extra in birch or other stuff, that will also work, on the subsonic filter, the standard rule is half an octave below tuning, that would be 25.5Hz but if you are not playing below 25Hz a 28 Hz setting will do, don't worry too much about the exact frequency, you'll find out what works best for you at setup time, I just like to remind people not to leave the sub unprotected.

These cars do best

Sub up port back

Sub up port to side

Sub up port up

Sub and port back seems to rattle more and on a meter I can testify lowers output.

The trunk dimensions are roughly

30" bottom depth

40" width

20" high

16-17" top depth

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived