Second Skin Audio

Box for x 15 design help?

gmoxley1

So i started a thread i think last week or the week before about a box design for a single Sundown x15. i used RE and the12volt but ive heard those wont quite do so i have some dimensions. if anyone cares to help me out im using a mac and dont have the resources to use torres and im no good with google sketchup yet.

my dimensions are

Width-37

Height-16

Depth-19

its running on an SAZ-1200D

looking for as much volume as i can get up to about 4 cuft if possible and a nice low tuning like 30 or 32.

sub displacement is .22 if that helps. Thanks anyone!

Joe x if you see this i had a thread that you commented on about possibly helping me out so thanks in advance if you are the one who helps out!

Thanks

Greg

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

I'm no pro by no means, but I modeled it up in torres at your max dimensions, including the double baffle and so forth. I can't really see a slot port at those dimensions, as close as I could get was one 8" aero, 27" long, side firing, tuned at 32.27 hz with 50.24 in of port, 3.96 cu ft net volume. I'm not sure about the basket dimensions and whether it would cause mounting issues with the port, or unloading issues.. That's assuming if the sub was up.. But then that would go off into what vehicle it's going in would determine how you want your sub and port to face.. But there's my kindergarten design for the day lol..

I'm no pro by no means, but I modeled it up in torres at your max dimensions, including the double baffle and so forth. I can't really see a slot port at those dimensions, as close as I could get was one 8" aero, 27" long, side firing, tuned at 32.27 hz with 50.24 in of port, 3.96 cu ft net volume. I'm not sure about the basket dimensions and whether it would cause mounting issues with the port, or unloading issues.. That's assuming if the sub was up.. But then that would go off into what vehicle it's going in would determine how you want your sub and port to face.. But there's my kindergarten design for the day lol..

Nice! It's going in the back of a s10 blazer so I was hoping for sub up port back.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

I agree. I had a 96 blazer once, and I could clear 18" easy under the back glass. I could even of went 20" but that was about as high as I could fit and still be able to see decently out the back glass.

How taller are you willing to go? a few inches up and it will be perfectly doable.

I think I could go up to 18" or 19". I'd rather havery a better box and it's not like going up takes up cargo space really. as long as I can see over it I'm good.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

X15_SUPB.jpg

15SUPB_zps1dcbe49d.jpg

Detail on the port:

Fport.jpg

That looks awesome! Thank you so much! Now just got to find some dowels.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Archived