Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

My second attempt at a box.


Cannoy

Recommended Posts

Posted

I built this box a couple weeks ago for a friend. Its 2.2cu. ft. tuned to 32hz and was built for a P3 12. I used Torres to build it but later found out that Torres is wrong about slot port tuning, when I measured the box it really came out to just over 33hz.

The last pic was before the second baffle was put on, was just making sure my home made cicrle jig worked. (probably should have tested it on a scarp piece of wood though)

I dont have a finished pic but it was just painted black, nothing fancy.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Posted

very nice man..

TEAM PRESSURED LOWS

2000 Dodge Durango

6 Sundown SA 15s

6th Order B-Pillar Wall

Sundown Audio

XS Power Batteries

Mechman Alternators


Posted

That looks really good. Your glue joints look excellent. If you were shooting for 32 Hz and it ended up at 33, honestly that is about as close as you can get and I wouldn't worry about that one bit. The port length calculations are just estimates anyway.

The only suggestion I'd make for your next build is to round over the edges inside and around the port for a little better airflow.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

That looks really good. Your glue joints look excellent. If you were shooting for 32 Hz and it ended up at 33, honestly that is about as close as you can get and I wouldn't worry about that one bit. The port length calculations are just estimates anyway.

The only suggestion I'd make for your next build is to round over the edges inside and around the port for a little better airflow.

You cant really tell in the second pic but the outside of the port is rounded over with a 3/8 bit. Actually the entire box was went over with the 3/8 bit, the only part I didnt go over was the start of the port wall on the inside of the box.

Looks great. Are you going to paint or carpet it?

The box was painted black, just dont have a pic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3112 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...