Opinions on doors panels

tonino1991@hotmail.com

Hi everyone

I have a set of Infinity kappa 60.9cs (which sound nice to me but the lack a bit of midbass) powered a NVX jad800.4 (using just 2 channels), the speakers are installed in the stock location of my 2008 Hyundai Azera

Yesterday I bought a set of Polk audio MM6501 components and 100´ sky high 12 gauge ofc speaker wire

What I want to do is to install both set in the front doors (build doors panels) and I have some questions about it

1. Can I use a common chamber for different woofers (infinity and polk) or I have to separate the airspace?

2. How big the volume of the chamber has to be?

That's all I need to know right now.

My system:

Pioneer deh-x7600

NVX 7 band eq

NVX jad800.4

Nendo Symphony 1500.1

Kappa 60.9cs

Skar audio ZVX-18 (Psi recone)

Thanks!

If it is just in the open chamber of the door then I wouldn't think that you need to worry about it. One thing that I would look into to increase midbass though is to make sure that your doors are deadened, and you seal all the holes in the inner skin with deadener as well as possible. I would also add some time of closed cell foam right behind the speaker in the door in order to get rid of any reflecting waves that could cause cancellation.

I am sure the inside of his doors are deadened and everything though. Not a completely sealed chamber, but pretty close. You also have to think about that by using the door as a chamber, the speakers have a lot more airspace than if you were to just put them in tiny sealed chambers. I have seen it done both ways, I am sure your idea would work just fine, I just have no idea what size enclosures to tell you to make.

• 4 weeks later...

finally I decided with doing stock locations lol

I took out the kappas and installed the polks (they sound sound super warm and clear... and LOUD but not harsh, so that's great) and installed the kappa woofer in the rear doors

I have to say that the entire front stage changed for good :D and I have the rear crossed at 50-300hz so they don't take the imaging to the back :)

20141230_130021_zps2rylhitq.jpg

IMG-20141230-WA0052_zpskggwoxq6.jpg

20141230_195027_zpsynyzttpe.jpg

20141230_205601_zpszvn5ok5n.jpg

Archived