Jump to content

Opinions on doors panels


tonino1991@hotmail.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone

I have a set of Infinity kappa 60.9cs (which sound nice to me but the lack a bit of midbass) powered a NVX jad800.4 (using just 2 channels), the speakers are installed in the stock location of my 2008 Hyundai Azera

Yesterday I bought a set of Polk audio MM6501 components and 100´ sky high 12 gauge ofc speaker wire

What I want to do is to install both set in the front doors (build doors panels) and I have some questions about it

1. Can I use a common chamber for different woofers (infinity and polk) or I have to separate the airspace?

2. How big the volume of the chamber has to be?

That's all I need to know right now.

My system:

Pioneer deh-x7600

NVX 7 band eq

NVX jad800.4

Nendo Symphony 1500.1

Kappa 60.9cs

Skar audio ZVX-18 (Psi recone)

Thanks!

Posted

If it is just in the open chamber of the door then I wouldn't think that you need to worry about it. One thing that I would look into to increase midbass though is to make sure that your doors are deadened, and you seal all the holes in the inner skin with deadener as well as possible. I would also add some time of closed cell foam right behind the speaker in the door in order to get rid of any reflecting waves that could cause cancellation.

Posted

Okay if you are talking about actual sealed chambers then I would do separate chambers. As for sizes I literally have no idea.

Posted

ok, I know what to do now

gonna do as steve meade in his ISF for the doors panels, one driver will have a sealed chamber and the othe will be IB (using the same airspace as the stock location) or at least that's what I think he did

b2feaa94.jpg

cadcab26.jpg

9b744506.jpg

Ideas????

Posted

He may chime in, but by the looks of it both of those drivers share a common chamber. I think that hole in the front had to be cut for mounting depth problems.

Posted

I am sure the inside of his doors are deadened and everything though. Not a completely sealed chamber, but pretty close. You also have to think about that by using the door as a chamber, the speakers have a lot more airspace than if you were to just put them in tiny sealed chambers. I have seen it done both ways, I am sure your idea would work just fine, I just have no idea what size enclosures to tell you to make.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

finally I decided with doing stock locations lol

I took out the kappas and installed the polks (they sound sound super warm and clear... and LOUD but not harsh, so that's great) and installed the kappa woofer in the rear doors

I have to say that the entire front stage changed for good :D and I have the rear crossed at 50-300hz so they don't take the imaging to the back :)

20141230_130021_zps2rylhitq.jpg

IMG-20141230-WA0052_zpskggwoxq6.jpg

20141230_195027_zpsynyzttpe.jpg

20141230_205601_zpszvn5ok5n.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 971 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...