[email protected] Posted December 31, 2014 Author Report Posted December 31, 2014 yeah I made them myself, in other words I replaced the kappa 60.9cs components that I had in the front doors with the polk audio mm6501, also I made those rings because I did a ghetto install when I got my kappa so they weren't sealed off the door. I didn't have any rear speakers running off my nvx jad800.4, and decided to use the kappa's woofer in the rears as a mid-bass, as this car has the rear factory speakers in the rear doors (and near your butt) I thought that it would be a good option to use the rear instead of doing 2 components in the front doors finally I'm ultra happy because I got much more mid-bass (sealing the fronts mids and installing the rears) and it feels like a there's a good "bridge" between the front and the subwoofer. now I can say I finished my front stage and so, now I'll reinstall my zvx 18 in the rear deck as a IB setup... it should be awesome
islandpride684 Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 right on...tuned in to see the rest of the install... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
monkeyleg Posted December 31, 2014 Report Posted December 31, 2014 I've owned both sets of speakers. And tried a sealed enclosure too. I loved the sealed enclosure, it wasn't as loud, but the midbass was amazing. The sealed speakers played lower than the front door cavity speakers. Google it
[email protected] Posted December 31, 2014 Author Report Posted December 31, 2014 Nice, thanks for the info yeah, an 18" in a rear deck won't be an easy task, but I least will get my trunk back because the box I have right now takes almost all of it lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.