opinions on sq setup

Charlander

I'm looking to piece together an sq system. My questions is where is the best place to start? It seems logical to start with a decent head unit for my goals but aside from that do I start by choosing an amp, subs or components? I've been out the whole audio thing for 12 years or more now. Back then I just stuffed whatever subs and amp I could get my hands on or ebay specials in the vehicle and cranked it up. I can start by telling you what I have now and what I've been looking at. As of now I have a US Amps 400.2 and two JL 6.5" subs, all brand new never used and discontinued.(I've been buying pieces here and there when I find good deals) I don't necessarily plan on using the gear I have now just wanted some opinions. I was also looking at the infinity reference subs, prob 8" possibly 10's. They seem to have good reviews for sq for the price. I plan on staying around 500 watts with sealed enclosures, other than that I haven't narrowed down my choices for any other gear yet. I'm just looking for some tips and opinions to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

For SQ or "great sounding system" ... Subs would be the last thing on the list ...

What vehicle will we be working with here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Placement for audio parts will be alot easier when we have a vehicle to work with ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived