I think I finally understand the gun argument

no.. get out of here with that.. if 18 is old enough to enlist in the military then 18 is old enough to buy a gun or ammunition.. next thing you know you will want that

raised to 50 then to 100.

more armed citizens stop crime. simple as that. mos the times in shootings the shooter kills himself once confronted. if confronted by a citizen it would end quicker via getting shot or self inflicted wound.

Why not just give everyone a gun? It'll sort itself out.... Someone would sleep with someone's girlfriend, and in the heat of finding out, they'll open fire on a couple people, everyone will react, and people will end up sticking up for their "crew" and there would be mass killings. I would bet money on that.

I'm not part of the committee that makes laws, no need to get so defensive. I'm just saying maybe people need to PROVE they're mentally stable enough to own a firearm. And unless you want your taxes to go up....or fees for getting your license.... Age restriction is a good option.

I get it.... I completely do. I like my guns. And I wish we had less restrictions on certain things up here in Canada.

how much money do you have? look at all the countries that has banned fire arms.. check crime rates regardless of crime and weapon which was used in a crime. now check the US crime rate.. Australia crime went up by 70% and Mexico.. i dont think i have to tell you how a total gun ban works there. you're from Canada with people there who think like you no wonder you dont have that right

also your suggestion is not relevant.. most shooting are by people well over the 30 years of age and few are from 25 years and younger.. so how will that age restriction work when most shootings are committed by people older then your analogy

by the way this is a US problem not a Canadian problem. how can you suggest to something you have no idea?its like me going to Africa and telling the government there how to control the rebels..

i get defensive because its my rights you are against.. last thing i need is you or the government tell me how to exercise my rights..

I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent!). In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns."

You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the state Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp#EryPuXROMbwMH6Dv.99

I like to tell anti gun people that I get in arguments with a simple statement.

All types of crime including armed robbery, murder, mass murder, and many others existed long before guns and these crimes will continue even if every single gun was removed from the earth .

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I never said I wanted to take guns away from everyone, I never said I wanted ANYTHING. Doesn't have an impact on me whether or not someone gets splattered on the sidewalk outside your house....I would never even know. Calm your tits sweetie.

I voiced MY opinion on what COULD make a difference.

And yeah you're right. I wasn't adressing people over 25.... I duely noted that in my original post.

And I do have family and friends in the states....so I do know a fair bit thanks.

it wont make a difference.. if you think that youre a fool.. most guns used in crimes are illegal guns. so even if they dont allow anyone under the age of 50 someone who wants to kill or commit a crime will get their hands on a gun.. thats why i say people from other countries shouldn't suggest as they dont know whats going on here. read up on all the shootings that has happen here over. 80% have used guns that they got illegally in the black market.. trust me when i tell you that it wont even make a dent to do what you say

i know you stated younger people but why should one be punished because of other people.. punish the criminal not the citizen. there are 18 year old kids that are more mature then 50 year olds

The problem is the people committing 99% of the crimes have a thug mentality which isn't going to go away just because you take the guns away.

Also we have the right to own guns to prevent government tyranny if the government takes guns away from law abiding citizens and this country will turn into nazi Germany.

Mark my words they will take my guns from my cold dead hands.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

most murders here are gang related.. most crimes are committed by gang members.. if you delete gangs about 90% crimes will vanish. i think i know where our problem is..

i never been to Canada so i dont know how gangs are there but here there is one in every block and they are at war at all times.. our problem is gangs and not guns

read this...

94% of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns.. only 6% of legal guns have been used. in other words our system works we just have to get rid of the gangs

84 percent of those guns were stolen in a burglary; including 4 percent stolen from a relative or a friend.

6 percent of those guns were confiscated and resold by a “law enforcement officer.” Legalized armed robbery, in other words.

2 percent of those guns were stolen from the police or the military.

2 percent of those guns were stolen from a parcel or delivery service.

also look whos behind the gun black market.. our very own government

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/leland-yee-gun-traffickin_n_5038152.html

Archived