I think I finally understand the gun argument

Lately I have been watching videos dealing with the 1st and 2nd amendments and this one popped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFYyzC-5IGg&spfreload=1

If you dont want to watch I understand it is long and just a bunch of people yelling at each other but there is one pivotal moment that really spoke to me. The main guy is arguing with an old man He says "Did you know assault rifles are used in 2% of crimes" and the old man says "I know an assault rifle was used to murder my daughter in Aurora, I know that"

Right there, the ugly truth shows its face. A man who was hurt in a way most of us can never understand fighting to avenge his fallen daughter. I get his view, if only guns were not allowed the person who killed my daughter never would have.

But I feel this is a bad way to view the situation and I am sure most of you agree.

Tragedy for the man, yes, there is no denying that. BUT there are a few possibles here so try to keep up with me.

Situation 1. No guns/reasonable person: No one is armed. No guns can be had. Only highly trained officials carry weapons. No crime committed.

Situation 2. No guns/unreasonable person: Everyone in the theater was unarmed including security officials. Black market still in existence, murderer still able to get weapons, kills all with ease

Situation 3. More guns/reasonable person: Potentially many people are armed in said theater rational person would be scared to commit crime, thus not committing crime. Everyone safe

Situation 4. More guns/unreasonable person: Potentially many people are armed in said theater. The killer begins his attack and is quickly subdued by the many armed people in the theater. Minor injuries

Situation 5. No guns/High security/Stable person: No person is armed except highly trained officials. It may take up to an hour to get into any one building which involves a strict body search and everyone is assumed guilty until proven innocent. No crime committed but extremely pervasive and annoying.

Situation 6. No guns/High security/ Unstable person: No person is armed except highly trained officials. One official is mentally unstable and goes unchecked. Official loses his mind and shoots everyone in the theater. Many dead, official skirts away unscathed.

Situation 7. More guns/Well trained/Stable person: Many people are armed, all who are armed are great marksmen, and everyone respects the laws. No crime committed.

Situation 8. More guns/Minor training/Stable person: Many people armed but not very good with their guns. Attacker beings his attack, many people shoot very few hit their mark. Eventually shooter is taken out but there are many innocent casualties from rogue bullets.

I can keep going with these but I'll stop for the sake of time. These are all things that are floating in my head when thinking about the gun argument. Those that have a no crime committed ending are very unlikely to happen. I think the two that are most likely are numbers 4 and 5

4 being the pro gun people

5 being the anti gun people

7 and 8 are really secondaries to number 4

5 and 6 are secondaries to number 1

Thoughts? Comments?

Basically the way I see it we cannot avoid crazy people. People will die at the hands of others, yes it is sad, but there is nothing that can be done about it.

It is for that reason that it makes perfect sense to own a gun, to train yourself, and protect yourself. Just in case something terrible is about to happen to you.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Let's put it this way. Look at the bundy ranch. Government strong arming a rancher who stood up to them. Claiming he owed money for improvements that he himself did. Armed civilians show up to come to the aid of someone facing an armed invasion. If only the government had guns that rancher was dead. The media can paint bundy as a nut job all they want but look at the news now. A 78 time convicted felon gets smoked by a cop after he broke the law and we get front page news because our government is now over reaching. Now look at countries with highly restrictive gun control. As in no civilian gun ownership what's the common theme? High poverty and crime with heavy government influence and control. There are also high amounts of violent crime still but gun control advocates will try to counter that with a number of their own brewing. Eu count suicides and other events as gun deaths. Suicides alone skew the data.

There is a lot of info out there on this type of thing. You want to be entertained look up the common bond between all of these mass shooters that occurred. I'll give you a hint it's not because they are white males.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh also look up the countries with restrictive gun control where hey have a booming underground home made gun trade. I think they did a huge article on the Philippines. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. We don't need more gun control. We need to actually punish those who are caught breaking gun laws and hit them with the max.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Another thing you'll noticein these confrontations is that the pro guys will use fax and logic antis will use emotion. I could really go on and on with this one. In the end a gun is an inanimate object much like a hammer bat or knife it takes a person to use it for evil

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Another thing you'll noticein these confrontations is that the pro guys will use fax and logic antis will use emotion. I could really go on and on with this one. In the end a gun is an inanimate object much like a hammer bat or knife it takes a person to use it for evil

I like that you said this because there is a counter argument.

A gun is the ultimate equalizer. it can be a 300 pound linebacker vs a 120 pound girl with a gun and ill be willing to bet the girl wins.

Whoever holds the gun holds the power and that goes to some peoples heads

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Meh....there is a legitimate point to gun control. No one can deny that guns make violent crime more feasible. That said banning guns is not the route to go, at least not for the U.S.

So if you feel that there is a legit reason behind it lets hear it. I mean we aren't talking about illegally procured guns being used in a crime right? Either guns at were stolen or gotten by methods that are already crimes. Gun control only applies to those who don't want to become a criminal.

Guns are the ultimate equalizer and that is true. Some people do let it go to their heads this is true as well mainly because they've never taken the time to realize what happens if you pull that trigger. I am unabashedly pro 2a. Almost all of you know that. I hope to god that I never have to use my firearms to protect my life or my family's life. The cost financially and emotionally are far too high.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Guns are the ultimate equalizer and that is true. Some people do let it go to their heads this is true as well mainly because they've never taken the time to realize what happens if you pull that trigger. I am unabashedly pro 2a. Almost all of you know that. I hope to god that I never have to use my firearms to protect my life or my family's life. The cost financially and emotionally are far too high.

If more people were like you then the world would be a better place. Have it, know how to use it, pray you never have to.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Or ban spoons and utensils to fight obesity

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived