Jump to content

Got an early christmas present


Recommended Posts

Posted

So after a few weeks of trying to decide, I finally broke down and got a new head unit. I got a Kenwood DDX8901HD and WOW! I'm impressed! It does so much it's ridiculous! It really improved the SQ of my system, especially my sub. It made it deeper and defiantly louder! Here's a few pics of the install.

kktlxit.jpg

UBS37ji.jpg

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Posted

Nice!

It made your sub play deeper and louder? What HU were you running before? Did you adjust your gains to match the new voltage level?

I upgraded from stock. This truck is a 2004 so technologically it was pretty far behind. And yes I did!

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Posted

Looks good! I'm expecting to get something like that in a month or two. It will definitely be a Kenwood unit.

Posted

I love my Kenwood head unit. The DNX9980

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 708 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...