EP95 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 find a place on the door panel you like and take a hole saw the size of the tweeter to it
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 like instead of mounting it to the inside of the door, have a look at mounting it to the door skin
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 This is the tweeter where I originally had it mounted with silicone on the back of the door panel.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 This is my door panel from the outside. I considered maybe cutting out a whole into it. But I am not sure if I could do it and I am not sure if I could make it look good...
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 find a place on the door panel you like and take a hole saw the size of the tweeter to it find a place on the door panel you like and take a hole saw the size of the tweeter to it I just have never done this before and I am not sure exactly how to do it.
EP95 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 get one the size of the tweeter, put it in a drill in there ya go
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Drill hole the same size as the tweeter body and slide it in.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I am going to be blunt. I do not find those comments helpful. It is not as easy as just saying drill and go. You must take in window clearance. If you cut a hole in the door panel, how is it going to look. I do not want ruin my only door panel if I screw up.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Maybe this will clairfy some things. Here are pics of the tweeter. The marks on it are from the silicone I attempted to use to mount it.
islandpride684 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 remove the stock tweeter cover screen thingy and see if you can mount it from there on the outside... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.