Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed. It doesn't look like it in the pic, you can tell by the vinyl/cloth wrap, its probably held in place probably by plastic tabs melted, can you take a pic of the rear of the factory screen cover..... I understand what you are saying. I want to do that. But that speaker grill is built into the plastic panel. It does not just come off. I could do all the measurements, but I am really hesitant to cut into my plastic door panel. I only have a jigsaw anyway so I am not sure if I am properly equipped to make a clean cut. Only going by what he said. It probably has the melted tabs on the back like you said. Which he could grind away the tabs and take the grill off and then use epoxy or super super glue to reattach the grill. I am not sure if I would want to reattach the tweeter though if I cut it off. cut the grill off? or the hole? Or just go with your idea and do them on the a pillar:P
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar?
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good.
SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 the pillars is a great idea, a lot more custom work involved tho. i'd cut the door skin and mount them to that myself. what sorta car? whole door skins prob worth $50 if you fuck it up
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too?
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too? Yea I like them a lot, Got all crescendo mids and high with the rts-1 tweeters up front and the regular tweeters that came with the cz component sets in the back.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too? Yea I like them a lot, Got all crescendo mids and high with the rts-1 tweeters up front and the regular tweeters that came with the cz component sets in the back. Awesome! I emailed Crescendo to see if the RTS Tweeters would work in place of the ones that came with the Mezzo Comps. I do not see why they wouldn't work. I might call them if I do not get a reply soon.
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too? Yea I like them a lot, Got all crescendo mids and high with the rts-1 tweeters up front and the regular tweeters that came with the cz component sets in the back. Awesome! I emailed Crescendo to see if the RTS Tweeters would work in place of the ones that came with the Mezzo Comps. I do not see why they wouldn't work. I might call them if I do not get a reply soon. I have ordered quite a few times from crescendo there response time is pretty fast usually. Idk if you'll get a reply tonight but tomorrow you should.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too? Yea I like them a lot, Got all crescendo mids and high with the rts-1 tweeters up front and the regular tweeters that came with the cz component sets in the back. Awesome! I emailed Crescendo to see if the RTS Tweeters would work in place of the ones that came with the Mezzo Comps. I do not see why they wouldn't work. I might call them if I do not get a reply soon. I have ordered quite a few times from crescendo there response time is pretty fast usually. Idk if you'll get a reply tonight but tomorrow you should. Thanks bro! I appreciate the help!
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 What if I bought this. http://store.crescendoaudio.com/rts-1-audiophile-silk-dome-tweeter-kit/ Then glued this one into pace behind the tweeter speaker grill and hooked it up to xover. Then ran separate tweeters to apillar? I have those tweeters:) They sound pretty damn good. Sick! Good sound quality too? Yea I like them a lot, Got all crescendo mids and high with the rts-1 tweeters up front and the regular tweeters that came with the cz component sets in the back. Awesome! I emailed Crescendo to see if the RTS Tweeters would work in place of the ones that came with the Mezzo Comps. I do not see why they wouldn't work. I might call them if I do not get a reply soon. I have ordered quite a few times from crescendo there response time is pretty fast usually. Idk if you'll get a reply tonight but tomorrow you should. Thanks bro! I appreciate the help! No problem man keep us updated with what you decide to do!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.