Infinity speakers

Marquisboys

I had all infinity reference speakers in my car at one point, really liked the quality, ran 8 speakers on a t400-4. The 3.5s blew after about a year, the kappas about the same. From personal experience I found they played well consistently on lower power (switched amps). Iv heard the JBLs and they are nice aswell. Hopefully you enjoy them :)

Infinity Reference (6.5" components in the front, 6.5" coaxials in the back doors) run off of a JL 320.4 (about 60-70 rms per channel). Sound great, but I used my 13 band eq to calm the tweeters down a little so they wouldn't be too harsh. In the past, that's always been my experience with Infinity. The tweeters will scream unless you dial back the treble just a little bit. After that, they sound very smooth. Haven't run a set of Kappas, but several sets of Reference.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I got some infinity kappa 60.9cs in my blazer right now and with the tweets in the dash faced up into the windshield it makes the brightness kind of disperse so it's not as harsh. Love the mids though. Wish I was brave enough to not have the grill on them because I love the woven glass look. Unfortunately my girlfriend likes to put her feet all over the doors while she rides so I am not going grill less anytime soon haha

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Wish i could find some 3.5 kappas having a hard time finding some in stock. If not ill get the JBL GTO's

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

• 3 weeks later...

Since it's a 3.5 speaker I probably wouldn't care what speakers I use. As long as they have a soft tweeter. With that being said I've had both the reference & kappa line. Reference h/u power--kappa you need to amp them to get good sound. With that being said I like the kappa over the reference series & you better have a eq Atleast 7 bands to tune down the treble because they get loud & will leave you fatigue if you don't eq them properly

• 3 weeks later...

i have used both lines from infinity. While i cant complain about how they sounded for me, i can complain about longevity. for what ever reason i seem to kill infinity speakers regardless of line. for some time i thought i maybe had something set up incorrectly, however, i have not killed my rf or re audio components. same amp, same exact mounting....just simply swapped out speakers and retuned the crossovers a bit (never touched the gains at all).

thats been my experience with infinity for what it might be worth to you.

Archived