Sundown Audio

1000watt amp at 2ohm

Prima25

Does any one have test results on any reasonably priced amp at 2 ohm. I need one that does a legit 1000 rm at 2ohm. I've tried several that say it and sadly my alpine m65 I belive is the model out powers them. I messed up by ordering a 4ohm dvc sub and I know that. Now I'm just trying to make use of the woofer instead of scrapping it.

There are probably dozens of dozens of options out there for you.

What kind of price budget are you looking at? Where are you located? Maybe there are a few nice shops near by.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Does any one have test results on any reasonably priced amp at 2 ohm. I need one that does a legit 1000 rm at 2ohm. I've tried several that say it and sadly my alpine m65 I belive is the model out powers them. I messed up by ordering a 4ohm dvc sub and I know that. Now I'm just trying to make use of the woofer instead of scrapping it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "messed up by ordering a 4ohm dvc sub". If your sub does 1k at 2 ohm, and another sub does 1k at 1 ohm, you have a 1k watt sub. The only way you could have "messed up", is if you already had your amp, and it only put out 1k watts at 1 ohm, 500 at 2 ohm, and you wanted 1k watts, while your sub was 1000 watt 4 ohm dvc, allowing a minimal load of 2 ohm. As far as which amp, there are MANY reliable amps that will actually do 1k at 2 ohm, but not for $300. Crescendo BC2000D puts out barely over 1k at 2 ohm for $480, Sundown SCV 2000D puts out 1k or more at 2 ohm for $540, the list goes on and on. If you want to see the "test results", go to youtube and search "amp dyno", or for a particular amp, and look for a video doing a dyno test of that amp. The decision you need to make is do I want to spend $300 on an amp that SAYS it will put out 1k @ 2 ohm but doesn't, or isn't reliable, or do I want to spend a little more and get an amp that DOES put out 1k @ 2ohm, and is reliable.

I'm not sure what you mean by "messed up by ordering a 4ohm dvc sub". If your sub does 1k at 2 ohm, and another sub does 1k at 1 ohm, you have a 1k watt sub. The only way you could have "messed up", is if you already had your amp, and it only put out 1k watts at 1 ohm, 500 at 2 ohm, and you wanted 1k watts, while your sub was 1000 watt 4 ohm dvc, allowing a minimal load of 2 ohm. As far as which amp, there are MANY reliable amps that will actually do 1k at 2 ohm, but not for $300. Crescendo BC2000D puts out barely over 1k at 2 ohm for $480, Sundown SCV 2000D puts out 1k or more at 2 ohm for $540, the list goes on and on. If you want to see the "test results", go to youtube and search "amp dyno", or for a particular amp, and look for a video doing a dyno test of that amp. The decision you need to make is do I want to spend $300 on an amp that SAYS it will put out 1k @ 2 ohm but doesn't, or isn't reliable, or do I want to spend a little more and get an amp that DOES put out 1k @ 2ohm, and is reliable.

Both the Kicker zx1000.1 and the Alpine m1000 do 1000 @ 2 ohm for less money.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Both the Kicker zx1000.1 and the Alpine m1000 do 1000 @ 2 ohm for less money.

Which are both discontinued models, and still not $300. You could probably still find one, somewhere, but you'd better hope it is VERY reliable, because you will have hell getting it replaced, and probably even repaired, since it is discontinued. But like I said, "there are MANY reliable amps that will actually do 1k at 2 ohm", but not for $300. There may be one or two that will do 1k at 2 ohms for $300, but how long will they last, and you better jump on them at $300, or they will be gone. And I simply gave 2 examples or reliable amps that will do 1k at 2 ohms, didn't says they are the only 2 out there that will.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived