Second Skin Audio

port question

bigkevy

boxdesign.jpg

hello

this is a rough sketch of the box ill be building inside my mustang. the collom with the arrow over it gives the port demensions for the box. I was hoping to have both subs in the same chamber so im wondering how to figure that out. i know the box volume is doubled but i think the port is more complex than just doubling it. i guess im asking if anyone can give me deminsions for two subs and one port using the info the the chart above

another question is if i put sound deading down, can i leave it like that for the bottom side of the box or does the bottom have to be mdf as well?

thanks

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

from the12volt.com website i came up with the box being 7 cubic feet, the width staying the same at 3.5" the length staying at about 18" and doubling the height to about 30". does this sond about right?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

What subs are you using? 50 hz is a ridiculously high tuning.

Are you going to be able to fit a 7 cube box into a mustang? Those things have ridiculous trunks.

All sides of the box have to be solid and leak-proof.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Is this the first box you've ever built????

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

• 2 weeks later...

assuming i can seal everything up good, would the body metal inside the cab work this sound deadening. it wold only be for the ottom part of the ox.

the subs are 2 hifonics olm 2415s

thanks

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

Archived