afrakes Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 So I decided on my new sub stage, a single 15" Ascendant Audio Havoc. I have heard great things about both their clarity and ability to get loud and low. Started to do a little box designing but got thrown off by a few small details. I tried downloading WinlSD (beta version and Pro alpha version) and entering the TS Paramaters of the woofer into the program to get an idea of what size box to build as I have yet to see a manufacturers reccomended box size, but it just keeps giving me the message "Parameter error list : Qts, Qms, Qes". I click on help but then I get a message that says "MS Html Help is not installed on this computer". So then I go to download that, long story short, I already have Html help on my hard drive, and the help button still doesnt work! Great. So I'm stuck, I have no idea how big to build this box to get it to do what I would like. What I'm looking for is clear and minimal dropoff between 25ish hz up to 50 hz. I would like this box to peak at around 32 hz. I know, vehicle and world dependent, but a guy can dream right? I would just like an idea of the airspace I need to give up and the desired tuning frequency of the box. The woofer will be ran off an AQ 1200d @ 1 ohm. I plan on using aeroports if it makes any difference. Sub up, port back configuration, all going into the rear of my 04 Blazer. Thanks in advance. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
mrazandrewm Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 I can help you out if you want. I'm not a professional box builder or anything like that. I'm starting to do my first build. Anyway, I figured out how to use winisd alpha and can help you figure out what you need to know!!! Edit: What are your max dimensions? Would you be willing to use a slot port if needed? If not, how big of aeroports will you use? Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4 BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look) Speakers: Stock Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches) Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit
afrakes Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 I have no problem with the designing portion, this isn't my first rodeo lol, thanks tho. But my problem lies with WinlSD, and the fact that I can't play with it to see how tuning and box size effect the bandwidth payable by the woofer. Looking for somebody to help me with either the program or somebody that has personal experience with said woofer. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Miguels Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 i think they like 2.8 to 4 cuft. my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
OrionStang Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 19.25Hx20Wx28.75D Double baffle (sub up) and .16 sub disp. Four 4" aeros, 24" long each. (no bend) Ends up around 3.98-3.99 with 33.7ish tuning. Just over 50" of port should be pretty flat for a 15" sub. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 I can help you out with the WinISD file. Putting the data in kind be a little frustrating, there definitely is a technique to it. I did it for you, here is the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1642665/Ascendant%20Audio%20Havoc%2015%20D2.wdr This is for version 0.7.0.900, which is the latest version of WinISD. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
afrakes Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 I can help you out with the WinISD file. Putting the data in kind be a little frustrating, there definitely is a technique to it. I did it for you, here is the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1642665/Ascendant%20Audio%20Havoc%2015%20D2.wdr This is for version 0.7.0.900, which is the latest version of WinISD. So I just need to copy and paste those numbers into the program and it should work? Sorry if I'm slow with all this, computers aren't exactly my thing. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
afrakes Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 19.25Hx20Wx28.75D Double baffle (sub up) and .16 sub disp. Four 4" aeros, 24" long each. (no bend) Ends up around 3.98-3.99 with 33.7ish tuning. Just over 50" of port should be pretty flat for a 15" sub. Out of curiosity have you built said box in the past or is just a general design? And if I altered the dimensions to work better for my cargo area but kept the volume/port configuration the same would the end result achieve the same as your design?? Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
OrionStang Posted December 23, 2014 Report Posted December 23, 2014 Ive used a design with similar volume and port area and tuning, Very flat from upper 20s to 55-60hz. I made the dimensions the way they are in this example to avoid bends in the aero's, or external ports. On the power you have, around 4 cubes and 50-55 inches of port tuned to 33-34 would be nice. The Havoc is a badass mix of sound quality and output. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
afrakes Posted December 23, 2014 Author Report Posted December 23, 2014 Ive used a design with similar volume and port area and tuning, Very flat from upper 20s to 55-60hz. I made the dimensions the way they are in this example to avoid bends in the aero's, or external ports. On the power you have, around 4 cubes and 50-55 inches of port tuned to 33-34 would be nice. The Havoc is a badass mix of sound quality and output. thanks for the input. I wasnt quite ready to give up the space but it should be worth it in the end. It's got me thinking now though, possibly doing a slot port. Keeping the same 50 in of port, going to have to recalculate it out though. Just not sure because I would like to stay under the window line (17"), shallower on the depth (20") and wider (29"). Could go larger any way I wanted, but I think that would be ideal in terms of usable cargo space moving forward. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.