Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Budget SPL Build Q's


Motorboat KER

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. Buddy of mine wants to go for a budget SPL set up. Budget is about $750 for subs and amp.

My idea...

4 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 D4 $130/e $520 total

2 Rockford Fosgate Prime 1200.1 $230/e (He already has one).

This build will be going in the trunk of a Fusion (god damnit). Only possible way this could possibly work (from my POV) is building in the trunk, sealed off and inverted the subs.

rQAbYjr.png

Those red circles are inverted subwoofers. Port will be 35hz. Box will be sealed off to prevent leaks. I was just wondering if having the subwoofers inverted the way they would be would impact the SPL in the cab?

Posted
I was just wondering if having the subwoofers inverted the way they would be would impact the SPL in the cab?

Inverting is probably not the most efficient way to get a high SPL score. Id rather try a single SP4 15" in a massive box with an amp on each coil.

But to each their own I guess.

Posted

Port firing forward into the cab and subs firing into the trunk with the enclosure sealed off probably isn't going to work out well, bye bye trunk lid.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I'd do two nice 12's ported subs and port forward sealed off.

Also loud fusion from the trunk where's ninja when you need him?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Port firing forward into the cab and subs firing into the trunk with the enclosure sealed off probably isn't going to work out well, bye bye trunk lid.

Thats what I was worried about. It would be making pressure or "SPL" in the cabin and the trunk so it would be lacking on the meter correct?

I was just wondering if having the subwoofers inverted the way they would be would impact the SPL in the cab?

Inverting is probably not the most efficient way to get a high SPL score. Id rather try a single SP4 15" in a massive box with an amp on each coil.

But to each their own I guess.

The original plan was a AA Mayhem 15". I am trying to figure out the best way to get the most bang for his buck without making a VS thread lol

Posted

Yeah, 4 12's is going to be hard in a trunk unless it's a huge trunk. I had 4 Infinity Reference 12s in a early 90s Corsica and even taking every inch of trunk space and mounting the subs in a V shape, I still had to remove the rear seat back and leave it off because the box stuck out into the seat.

I would agree with the others that one or two higher quality subs will definitely be easier to work with and should give you similar or better results.

Posted

A mayhem, or an xl would do well without too much power. Or two havocs

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5614 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...