Cooking an egg on a crappy Pioneer amp :)

So i tested this crappy Pioneer amp I had laying around, then removed the protection to the power supply driver IC so I could run it at lower loads. For some reason it still wanted to shut down when run really hard, but thats probably because of reasons other than protection. Ended up getting it to about 350*F!! Enough to cook an egg...kinda. :)

reminds me of my buddies Rockford punch 2400w amp its shaped like a grill. i hooked it up and started tuning and testing. set the gain then went to the eq settings. leaned over to adjust a setting after maybe 10mins of the amp being on that fucker was so hot it burned me. i still have the scar 5 years later.

amplifier-1327067-o_zps7fd1bad5.jpg i could have easily cooked a steak on it. its still running to this day.

i just think its funny how its shaped like George Foreman grill.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

reminds me of my buddies Rockford punch 2400w amp its shaped like a grill. i hooked it up and started tuning and testing. set the gain then went to the eq settings. leaned over to adjust a setting after maybe 10mins of the amp being on that fucker was so hot it burned me. i still have the scar 5 years later.

amplifier-1327067-o_zps7fd1bad5.jpg i could have easily cooked a steak on it. its still running to this day.

i had this one.. i think it was 2400w max 800 rms. it did always run hot on me too

yea no way it does 2400w. and its a 2 channel. hate That amp. its the only amp that has literally burnt me.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

yea no way it does 2400w. and its a 2 channel. hate That amp. its the only amp that has literally burnt me.

that amp was beast.. its a 2 ohm amp and i was running it at 1 ohm per channel. i was using 2 15's kicker cvr and it banged.. i would use it over other amps on the market now

Archived