Upgraiding graphics card

My wife wants to upgrade her graphics card. Currently she has the one below. I just do not know anything about them or how to tell which one is better then the other. Also I kinda want to keep it 250 and below she just wants to play wow on better graphics. Also any hints on how to tell which cards are better and all so I can learn my self would be much welcomed. Thanks guys

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129146

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

just need too make sure her power supply can handle it

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

The R9 290 is going to be the best deal, you will need about a 550w bronze certified PSU to handle it.

What are her full system specifications?

Motherboard: Make/Model

CPU: Make/Model

PSU: Make/Model

RAM: Make/Model

ect...

yea, I put them in order for how I would shop if that was my budget.

Couple other brands of the same series cards that are in the same price range as well in case your a brand junkie like some are (meh lol)

I still cant believe i suggested AMD cards over Nvidia when Im a nvidia fanboy and rocking 3 evga 780ti sc mysellf. hahaa oh well.

I've been eyeing that XFX video card myself for a bit now.

I would avoid XFX from personal experience. The best OEM's for AMD are Sapphire and Asus, they are worth paying a little extra.

yea, I put them in order for how I would shop if that was my budget.

Couple other brands of the same series cards that are in the same price range as well in case your a brand junkie like some are (meh lol)

I still cant believe i suggested AMD cards over Nvidia when Im a nvidia fanboy and rocking 3 evga 780ti sc mysellf. hahaa oh well.

I'm on the EVGA forums quite a bit, I trade and sell stuff on their forums. I really do like Nvidia cards for FPS's. But the AMD R9 290 series is not bad at all, you get quite a bit of performance for under 300 dollars. Drivers are pretty solid this time around.

Archived