Need help, examples, ideas, suggestions for my f250 supercab

glockman513

I've had my subs and amps pulled out of my camaro and they're just sitting in my basement now, and it's time to start thinking about a build for my 01 f250 supercab diesel.

I'd like to hear your input and suggestions, and maybe links to other similar builds or pics.

I would like to use what I have right now for a 2x12 setup, then as cash is available add another 2 12's for a 4x12 setup. Shooting for a end result with everything being Sundown (other than 6x9's).

Power *at least for the initial install* in the superduty shouldn't be a problem. I have a dual battery setup, and a new 220 amp alt. I also have 2 extra batteries sitting around that are in perfect working order if I need them. Future expand-ability isn't difficult since dual alts were a factory option, all I have to do is order a kit and install it, along with a different radiator hose. The electrical system isn't pushing anything extra as is though.

I'd prefer not to make any huge modifications to the truck that can't be undone and returned to stock fairly easily since I will be selling it in about 3 years or trading in for something newer once my other cars and boat are paid off.

I'm definitely not against removing the larger section of the rear seat. It would be nice to keep the smaller 'jump' seat if possible, maybe put the amps under it and still have a spot to sit.

What I have sitting around right now . . .

- 2 sundown SA-12's

- 1 AQ 2200d

- 1 MassiveAudio NX4

- 2 pair Polk Audio DXI691's

I'm leaning toward building a ported custom box, rather than the console I can get on ebay, just because I know I wouldn't get the best performance out of it, although I do like the idea of keeping everything with a stock-ish look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-15-Ford-F250-F350-Custom-Center-Console-Subwoofer-Box-Dual-10-or-12-/121439856685?

pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c4661282d&vxp=mtr

Some pics of what I have to work with . . .

f25015_zpsb71b21e6.jpg

f25014_zps50b2a0ec.jpg

f25016_zps1fff0374.jpg

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

• 2 weeks later...

Take out the center partition and build a custom center console down firing enclosure. Tune about 28 / 32 htz ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I had almost the same truck. I'd remove the rear seat and turn it into box + cargo area. Just retain the seats for later. Ford usually makes it easy to take them out, mine were 4 largeish bolts and thats, took me about 15 minutes to get the back seat out just because I had to look in my toolbox for metric stuff.

I would really ditch whatever 6x9 front stage you have. 6x9s are always crap IMHO, I put a nice set of 5.25 ZAPCO speakers in custom baffles in the doors and they sounded great with about 200 watts of clean power.

But to keep the stock look without hacking up the doors (I had to cut the sheet metal for clearance) I would disconnect the door speakers and make some kickpods. Theres plenty of room and you could get a nice component set of 6.5's and make a really good sounding setup. Also you could make custom pods/panels that sit on top of the dash for the component set as well, I just think you would have more room as kickpods/panels whatever they're called...(work is already sucking out whats left of my brain)

Also with the 7.3L or the 6.0L you are most likely going to need all the battery power you can get. I would install a third AUX battery and isolate it. Those trucks take a ton of power to turn over in the winter. I ended up replacing the Alt and both batteries before I put in a battery dedicated just to audio and I was only running a very minimal setup compared to what you will be running.

Archived