Thyimop Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 In a 4th order blowthrough(the blowthrough port acting as the speakerbox port) will more port area vs sealed area tune it higher or lower?
dolarbilz Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 Depending on what you want tune to.no lower than 40hz period..but you tune the front chamber to the sealed FS ..
dolarbilz Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 Key is finding the sweet sealed part of Sub.
Thyimop Posted December 29, 2014 Author Report Posted December 29, 2014 I would like for it to hit the lows pretty hard, as I'm more into that. I will be running 4 SA 12s if that helps.
dolarbilz Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 4 12's I wouldn't tune for the lows...you'll have very little output ..check out ram designs he can whip you one out for small fee.
CleanSierra Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 I've got decent output from 4 12s down low Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
dolarbilz Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 I didn't say it wouldn't play low..I just wouldn't tune low.
CleanSierra Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 I didn't say it wouldn't play low..I just wouldn't tune low. I agree completely. I would hate it if the sub stage fell on its face too early because I didn't tune high enough. Mid to high 40s seems to be the sweet spot for the bandpass enclosures I've done, regardless of vehicle. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Thyimop Posted December 29, 2014 Author Report Posted December 29, 2014 yeah I've been doing a bit of research and found out if i tune the port to the mid 40s and the sealed part to around 30 it'll do just fine and play good on lows
Noel989 Posted December 29, 2014 Report Posted December 29, 2014 yeah I've been doing a bit of research and found out if i tune the port to the mid 40s and the sealed part to around 30 it'll do just fine and play good on lows I'm no box expert but... How are you going to tune the sealed side to 30? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.