Need some wire help

Hey guys, so im working on getting my wire package together for my truck and ordering within the next few days, my original plans included Knuconcepts purple for my power wire, 2 fused runs front battery to the back battery/distro block, and then one fused run to each amp from there, and a simple black 1/0 run for a ground, problem is knuconcepts does not offer any sort of quality ring terminals and as such I would really like to use sky high parts, but sky high does not offer any sort of purple wire. which leads me to using sky high terminals with the knuconcepts wire. Is this a bad combination?

my options at this point are either; A ) Use sky high wire for everything in a black/white 1/0 combo, but I would not be able to have my accent colored wires showing, or B ) Use knuconcepts purple wire with rings/etc of "meh" quality and showmanship, but im really liking sky highs white wire.

In a perfect world I could run purple 1/0 power and white 1/0 ground, but unfortunately it seems that would just be too damn easy... Any help or input appreciated.

by the way, my box is dark purple with white port and trim hence the white/purple theme. and yes... I really am THAT ocd about this system haha.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Be careful with the Sky High lugs, they are much larger than standard 1/0 lugs, so soldering or crimping might not have a solid hold.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Why not buy purple knu wire and white SHCA wire and use SHCA lugz. Buy a 16 ton hydraulic crimper for the lugz. makes it easy as hell to crimp and solid like a rock.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Why not buy purple knu wire and white SHCA wire and use SHCA lugz. Buy a 16 ton hydraulic crimper for the lugz. makes it easy as hell to crimp and solid like a rock.

This.

Why is that "just too easy?" It really is, it's not that hard. Crimp or solder the ends.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Crimping with a hydraulic crimper I have found is easier and cleaner to me. strip wire feed wire into crimper hold wire and crimper crimp heat shrink connection and your good to go. Soldered all my wires for 15 yrs and since I have gotten my hydraulic crimper will never solder any large wire again. But that's me to each his own.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

okay perfect, Thanks for the responses, my only real concern was that the SHCA lugs would be too large for the knuconcepts wire, but if it works then thats exactly the route ill have to take. and its not so much that knuconcepts lugs are "not good" they are just not of the same quality as SCHA for a very similar price point, and i can choose my heat shrink color as well vs standard black/red.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW