So this is the truck that i got for free. the guy i got it from told me it had a bad radiator, which it did. after trying to start it and coolant bubling and coming out the exhaust :o my dad said the heads prolly cracked. so my dad and i took the motor apart and there way a crack in 1 of the heads. fast forward heres the list of new parts

new heads on both sides

new valves

new radiator

new thermostat

new fuel pressure regulator

new injectors

new throttle position sensor

new iac sensor

old gas pumped out and filled with new gas

new fuel filter

new coolant sensors (gauge, and pcm)

checked the map sensor and it was fine problem is a shit-ton of rusty water from all the cranking was in the exhaust from before when we were trying to start it. When i start the truck i have to give it a little gas and then if i dont keep toying with the throttle it will die. if i unplug the vacuum line from the map sensor to the throttle body it will almost idle (it will stay at 1000rpm or so for about 10 secs then choke out.) it smells like its running a little rich to me.

so i was standing outside today after replacing the coolant sensors and my neighbor stopped and asked me if the truck was giving me shit. i explained what was going on and he immediately said 02 sensor, so i started thinking well shit if all that rusty water was going through the tailpipe maybe it clogged the o2 sensor.

Does this sound like a 02 sensor problem? the sensors seem fairly cheap to the prices i head for other cars 20-70 per sensor.

if you have any other ideas on what it could be im open to anything. i want to get this damn thing going so i can start my wall :(

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

are you sure the timeing is set rite now?....

check the ingiton thing under the rotor (for get the name)

is there a cam position scensor?

you may want to ream out the cat. verter the rust could have blocked the air passage, so now the motor chokes out due to not being able to blow out the exhaust... and the o2 could be the problem

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

i dont have the special socket to let the wire through, im either going to borrow it from autozone or just buy one but that will be tomorrow's project

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

The O2 sensor and catalytic converter may be blocked up from fluids running through but your problem is your intake. Check that MAP sensor to see if it has rusted out. Check your spark plugs i didnt see that on your list. Put an multimeter on your injectors and make sure that you have the right ohms on them. You wouldn't stall out on a bad O2 sensor but you would run rich from one. My diagnosis of the stalling out if from the spark plugs or a rusty MAP sensor. they are sending figures to the ECU that you are getting too much air and running rich. Check those parts and get back to us good luck man.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

The O2 sensor and catalytic converter may be blocked up from fluids running through but your problem is your intake. Check that MAP sensor to see if it has rusted out. Check your spark plugs i didnt see that on your list. Put an multimeter on your injectors and make sure that you have the right ohms on them. You wouldn't stall out on a bad O2 sensor but you would run rich from one. My diagnosis of the stalling out if from the spark plugs or a rusty MAP sensor. they are sending figures to the ECU that you are getting too much air and running rich. Check those parts and get back to us good luck man.

the spark plugs and wires are fine. I also replaced the map sensor but it did the same thing as the old one so i took it back.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

did you check the cat.?

it should disconect close to it, and see if it looks like a melted metal mass, if so take a metal rod or something and shove thru the cat, or take it off and bipass it and sell the cat to the scrap yard for 40-50 dollars lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

did you check the cat.?

it should disconect close to it, and see if it looks like a melted metal mass, if so take a metal rod or something and shove thru the cat, or take it off and bipass it and sell the cat to the scrap yard for 40-50 dollars lol

im having someone look at it moday

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER