DD-1+ Questions

If you only go to 50 then set your amp gains at level 50 on your hu... It would make know since to set at 56 if you never go there... You wont actually be set to that distortion point, you will be way under and not get the full potential out of the amp.

Why won't he?

His gain will just be a bit higher since he has compensate for having less signal/voltage going into the amp

I mean you wont acually be set to distortion point at level 50 if you tune a level 56. You need to tune amp gains at the max undistorted volume and or the max volume you intend on using. So if you play your system full tilt at 50 out of 57 then to at 50.

Oh I dont know his reason for that. I go a couple notches below what my dd1 says I distort at just to be safe

why use the tool if you dont trust it?

Only reason I would only go to 50 is because my stock highs and mids sound like shit after about 51. I already set it up though. I went with -10db. I set the system up at 55 since my head unit actually distorted at 56. Definitely gained some responsiveness and output, this alpine is now alive! Played it pretty hard for a decent amount of time and have no heat on the cone, amp still nice and cool! I'm excited to be able to roll around without worrying about the sub now. SMD is the shit for this tool! Seriously.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Oh I dont know his reason for that. I go a couple notches below what my dd1 says I distort at just to be safe

why use the tool if you dont trust it?

Because it actually says my hu does not clip and I dont believe it because at full volume set amps gains and subs vc would heat up and smell. tuned amp with hu a coulple clicks below full volume and I have no issues with vc's over heating now.... Idk may have been somehting I was doing wrong that it was sensing distortion

Archived