SundownZ71 Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Just tuned my amp (Symphony 1500 on two SA 15s) with the dd1 using track 5. Sounds a lot better/louder IMO, but I've noticed the subwoofers starting to smell after 3-4 minutes into a song. Not sure if it's break in smell with them having less than 1 week of play time or I'm clipping them or what. The motors also get slightly warm. Help if you can
Afficionado Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Lol, in my experience, sundowns just smell. I've ran multiples. had them stink multiples times, taken them out and the coils still look brand new and test fine...if you start to see smoke..that's a different story. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
DubNDodge Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 You tuned with a -10dB tone. if you listen to decaf or any "loud" bass songs, that will be clipping the output for sure. retune with track 3 which is a -5dB tone. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Leo1103 Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 is the song clean? are you playing well under/over tuning? 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
SundownZ71 Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 You tuned with a -10dB tone. if you listen to decaf or any "loud" bass songs, that will be clipping the output for sure. retune with track 3 which is a -5dB tone.Decaf, got160s and DJ JD is a majority of what I listen to. Sounds so good where its at now lol, but I'll try that.
SundownZ71 Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 is the song clean? are you playing well under/over tuning?Yeah, all decaf/got160s/DJ JD music. And I play a lot low stuff, they're in a 4th tuned to 40hz. Before I set the gain with the dd1 no smell unless I listened to let's say Itchin by decaf the whole song through.
DubNDodge Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 So you tuned with a -10dB tone while most of the bass lines in that music ranges from -5dB to -1dB. Your call I guess. Usually your senses serve you right, something smells hot? probably should turn it down. (In this case retune) '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
SundownZ71 Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 So you tuned with a -10dB tone while most of the bass lines in that music ranges from -5dB to -1dB. Your call I guess. Usually your senses serve you right, something smells hot? probably should turn it down. (In this case retune)That's true. I'll retune it and come back
SundownZ71 Posted January 9, 2015 Author Report Posted January 9, 2015 So you tuned with a -10dB tone while most of the bass lines in that music ranges from -5dB to -1dB. Your call I guess. Usually your senses serve you right, something smells hot? probably should turn it down. (In this case retune)So. Retuned with the -5db track, still get a little stinky but not like they did with the -10db track. I'll just continue to play them and see if it goes away lol
DubNDodge Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Yeah, mine get stinky too if I play DJSNT for full tilt more than a few songs. Decaf, I could go all day and be fine. I'm tuned with the -5dB, just gotta go by your senses '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.