Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1 sundown sa 12


gage120

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a sundown sa-12 with a 32hz 2 cubic foot box and a 3000 watts ssl mono block amplifier wired at 4 ohms and is supposed to be putting 1100 watts but the sub isnt loud at all my e-12 was louder the sa gets lower but not loud at all someone please help

Posted

Post what setup you had on the e12. Like box size, tuning, amp, load to amp. Even the sub and port positions.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Same box? What was the E12 tuned to? I'm in a similar box albeit on less power (2.15 cubes tuned to 33hz.) My sub stage is definitely biased to low notes, but it still bangs. 1100 watts should be enough to get that SA12 moving.

Also, have you tried reversing the speaker leads? Perhaps you're 180 degrees out of phase, that would definitely cause it to not be as loud as it should be.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I used a different box for my e-12 it was a lot smaller I had my wires wrong 2 nites ago I had the positive on the negative and negative on the positive I fixed it and didn't notice a difference

Posted

Same box? What was the E12 tuned to? I'm in a similar box albeit on less power (2.15 cubes tuned to 33hz.) My sub stage is definitely biased to low notes, but it still bangs. 1100 watts should be enough to get that SA12 moving.

Also, have you tried reversing the speaker leads? Perhaps you're 180 degrees out of phase, that would definitely cause it to not be as loud as it should be.

I had it wired wrong and I fixed it and nothing happened
Posted

Post what setup you had on the e12. Like box size, tuning, amp, load to amp. Even the sub and port positions.

TO be honest I don't know all that stuff

So what changed from your e 12 setup, what vehicle you are using now and some pics of the current box if possible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6811 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...