Second Skin Audio

1 sundown sa 12

gage120

Yes sir. Price of the amplifier tells you everything. If you're not looking to spend a lot look at a crescendo audio. They have a 600 watt amp. You will see difference. Plus that sub is underrated. Can easily take a 1k amp if set right

Yes sir. Price of the amplifier tells you everything. If you're not looking to spend a lot look at a crescendo audio. They have a 600 watt amp. You will see difference. Plus that sub is underrated. Can easily take a 1k amp if set right

Well thanks for all the help man I appreciate it

Joe.that amp would have to be 200% efficient to make 1200 watts from a 60 amp draw.but the rest your right it will be less if wired at 4 ohms plus the impedance rise

Earlier he said it was a ssa 3000 watt... I myself am pretty confident that the amp puts out nowhere close to 3k watts... Also what is Ur electrical situation? You could have a bad ground or something that is contributing to the lack of output

I had that SSL amp as my first amp. Man I'm telling you just spend like 250 for a used 1000 watt amp from one of the recommended brands om here. You have yourself a very good sub that needs clean power. Also what guage wire are you using for your power/ground?

4 gauge for my power wire and a 8 gauge for my ground wire
You should really up that ground size to match Ur power wire

Joe.that amp would have to be 200% efficient to make 1200 watts from a 60 amp draw.but the rest your right it will be less if wired at 4 ohms plus the impedance rise

Yes indeed, who knows how much that sub is getting for real at 4 ohms, probably 200W...lol

Archived