Zeronne Stevens Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Ok new to the world of subs. I've plan on having a sundown x-12. It's rated at 1250 rms. It Will run off of a 1500 rms sundown amp. My question is will I need a high output alternator? Its going in a 2000 f150. Its gonna go in a custom center console box. I also plan on doing the big 3.
BigManAC Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 How big is the stock alt? I would also think about getting a battery under the hood, with that you will most likely not need a H/O alt. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Karkov Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Get a good volt meter and watch it close. Report back with what you see. If lights dim and it annoys you then maybe upgrade battery under the hood. Do the big 3 like you talked about, it's cheap, easy, fast, etc. If it were me I would not pay for a HO alt for 1 amp 1500 watts. That's just me. I know people say @ 1000 watts to upgrade alt but not needed IMO for what it costs. I have been known to be wrong before though, lol 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Guest Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 I would get a nice pair of batteries, one for under the hood and one by the amp. Like Karkov said install a voltmeter and keep an eye on things. If you are wiring to 2ohm I wouldnt worry at all.
rockFord_Expedition Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Are you going to run another amp for mids and highs? What will your total aftermarket current demand be? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
rockFord_Expedition Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Also OP, welcome to the forum. Just some friendly advice, you posted in the subs/enclosures section with a subwoofer as the topic, but your question is actually electrical in nature. Posting in the right section will usually yield better results because some people tend to answer threads in sections where they have more knowledge. At least you didnt post in general though. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.