mrdavebasshead75 Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 So I fried my Pac harness somehow, it just went out one day! Double checked wires and couldn't figure it out! Anyway, I'm not going to use my factory system at all when I finish my build so instead of shelling out another $125 for a harness (2005 Chrysler 300C with the Boston system) can I just bypass it all together? I know I would need a ground but does the red and yellow wires tie into the same lead or how does that work? I've heard the cigarette lighter is used but unsure! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141026-2001-bravada-build-2-15supdated/?fromsearch=1 ----old build!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194247-2005-chrysler-300c-buildslowwwww-lol/ -----new build!!
IH8PunkRok Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 I ran an entirely new harness from the rear. Positive and negative from the battery, remote from the hu and a turn on from the fuse box. There is one fuse in the rear box that can be moved to be always on or switched. That is the only place that has a switched 12v signal in the car. It runs the cigarette lighter in the ashtray up front so I suppose you could tie it in there if you wanted to. The fuse in question is number 18 in the rear box. If it is in line with the others it is wired to be constant. Offset it is switched -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
mrdavebasshead75 Posted January 9, 2015 Author Report Posted January 9, 2015 I ran an entirely new harness from the rear. Positive and negative from the battery, remote from the hu and a turn on from the fuse box. There is one fuse in the rear box that can be moved to be always on or switched. That is the only place that has a switched 12v signal in the car. It runs the cigarette lighter in the ashtray up front so I suppose you could tie it in there if you wanted to. The fuse in question is number 18 in the rear box. If it is in line with the others it is wired to be constant. Offset it is switched Ok so black ground to battery, red wire to battery and yellow to 12v switched correct? And I didn't know about the switch in the rear box, have to check it out! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141026-2001-bravada-build-2-15supdated/?fromsearch=1 ----old build!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194247-2005-chrysler-300c-buildslowwwww-lol/ -----new build!!
IH8PunkRok Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 You are correct. Just in case the people over at lx forums made a write up on how to tap into it http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/45194-Ignition-controlled-power-tap-write-up?p=571407#post571407 -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
mrdavebasshead75 Posted January 10, 2015 Author Report Posted January 10, 2015 You are correct. Just in case the people over at lx forums made a write up on how to tap into it http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/45194-Ignition-controlled-power-tap-write-up?p=571407#post571407 Ok thank you very much for the help!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141026-2001-bravada-build-2-15supdated/?fromsearch=1 ----old build!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194247-2005-chrysler-300c-buildslowwwww-lol/ -----new build!!
BoomZoom808 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I use it to turn my amps on 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
mrdavebasshead75 Posted January 10, 2015 Author Report Posted January 10, 2015 I use it to turn my amps on You have a factory deck or do you have to do this to turn the amps on? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141026-2001-bravada-build-2-15supdated/?fromsearch=1 ----old build!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194247-2005-chrysler-300c-buildslowwwww-lol/ -----new build!!
IH8PunkRok Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 You don't have to unless you retain the stock hu -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
BoomZoom808 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 I use it to turn my amps on You have a factory deck or do you have to do this to turn the amps on? I was using the factory deck but I have a JVC KWR900BT with the PAC RP4-CH11 now. After I installed the deck I just left it like that. I find using the OEM ACC wire/fuse eliminates the turn on thud some amps have. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
BoomZoom808 Posted January 10, 2015 Report Posted January 10, 2015 You don't have to unless you retain the stock hu Yup it was just a matter of choice for me wires were already there so I left it. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.