mids and highs to keep up with wall?

Cynicz

i got 6 8" pwx in my doors and 4 ft1 bullets in my A pillars and i think it sounds just alright with my 2 18s no wall on like 8k power or so. think you better do at least 4 6.5s per door and a couple bullets in each pillar. just my opinion.

definately some food for thought. im really leaning toward like 1 8" and 2x 6.5 per door and a super tweeter in each pillar to start, then if i want more i can add another tweeter to the pillar or another 6.5 or 2 per door.

also debating just putting the speakers in the trim panel of the wall and have like 4x 6.5s in the top and a tweeter or 2 on each side or something along with the stock 6.5 in the doors

I think if you run this you definitely will not be disappointed!

i mean dont get me wrong i like the sound of them. just had to take time to test out different crossover frequencies and slope settings to get it right, but once dialed in i was impressed by them. but yeah i can play a full tilt decaf or dj slow n throw song and it keeps up pretty well with the bass. 1 8 and 2 6.5s would probably not be enough i think but only one way to find out. 15-18k is alot of power. i cant really speak on putting mids n highs in the wall, havent really heard one, cant imagine them sounding better then a killer front stage though.

i got 6 8" pwx in my doors and 4 ft1 bullets in my A pillars and i think it sounds just alright with my 2 18s no wall on like 8k power or so. think you better do at least 4 6.5s per door and a couple bullets in each pillar. just my opinion.

definately some food for thought. im really leaning toward like 1 8" and 2x 6.5 per door and a super tweeter in each pillar to start, then if i want more i can add another tweeter to the pillar or another 6.5 or 2 per door.

also debating just putting the speakers in the trim panel of the wall and have like 4x 6.5s in the top and a tweeter or 2 on each side or something along with the stock 6.5 in the doors

thanks. ive hit my temporary budget dropping like 4600$ on alts, bracket, and amps for now, soon as i sell my four wheeler some guns xbox and a couple of my TVs (I have 4 in my room for my old nerd station lol) i will purchase the speakers amp and subs. Then ill work a little and pay for all the wiring, dual amp inputs and such then get to work lol.

Incase you guys dont know this is how you set priorities (sell everything for a large system) lol

i mean dont get me wrong i like the sound of them. just had to take time to test out different crossover frequencies and slope settings to get it right, but once dialed in i was impressed by them. but yeah i can play a full tilt decaf or dj slow n throw song and it keeps up pretty well with the bass. 1 8 and 2 6.5s would probably not be enough i think but only one way to find out. 15-18k is alot of power. i cant really speak on putting mids n highs in the wall, havent really heard one, cant imagine them sounding better then a killer front stage though.

i wont be running an external equalizer, i plan on setting all my speaker amp filters to 0 and using my headunit, i dont know if thats what you did or not

thanks. ive hit my temporary budget dropping like 4600$ on alts, bracket, and amps for now, soon as i sell my four wheeler some guns xbox and a couple of my TVs (I have 4 in my room for my old nerd station lol) i will purchase the speakers amp and subs. Then ill work a little and pay for all the wiring, dual amp inputs and such then get to work lol.

Incase you guys dont know this is how you set priorities (sell everything for a large system) lol

i wont be running an external equalizer, i plan on setting all my speaker amp filters to 0 and using my headunit, i dont know if thats what you did or not

thats how mine is too. both 125.4s on full pass and i control everything from my pioneer 80PRS.

thats how mine is too. both 125.4s on full pass and i control everything from my pioneer 80PRS.

so if for starters i went with 1 super tweet, one 8", two 6.5" on each side do you think ill need 2 of the b2 audios 4channel? like 1 channel per speaker?

Do you plan on running three way?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

so if for starters i went with 1 super tweet, one 8", two 6.5" on each side do you think ill need 2 of the b2 audios 4channel? like 1 channel per speaker?

That would work with two of the aforementioned 4 channel amps!

Just make sure you get an inline crossover for the tweeter. Those amps only have a HPF up to 250hz. That HPF should be fine for whatever 6.5s or 8s you get but the tweeter will be crossed over at a higher frequency like 2-4kHz.

If you ran active crossovers you would not need inline crossovers but this route can be more complicated and expensive.

Archived