Subwoofer Stokes Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 I have a custom Fi Q18 i just rebuilt. I am looking to build a tline tuned to about 28 or 30hz. I have an ext cab c1500 chevy and with rear seat removed my max dimensions are 52"w x 22"d x 42"h. I want the sub all the way in the top corner of the box behind my drivers seat and port either flowing toward passenger seat or to the side toward my 3rd door. I have been informed by some guys on fb that i can build a loading chamber and reduce my line area by up to 40% for spl gains. I really dont know where to start on the build. I have the wood ready to build but just need some help. Any help if majorly appreciated fellas. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
CortezDTV Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 Not near enough room Get over the tline idea SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Subwoofer Stokes Posted January 12, 2015 Author Report Posted January 12, 2015 Man youre tripping. A dude has 6 10s in 3 seperate tlines stacked on top of one another in a f150 ext cab. Get over the not enough room idea. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
CortezDTV Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 Lol talking trash to someone who's actually built a t line isn't going to make me want to help I don't think its enough room You need to take your speaker cone area and then mak it for a 35hz tuning I beleive its 8 feet long For 40 it's 7 feet and you who think you need to tune a tline to 30 ha it would need to be 9+ feet long Ontop of that you don't really want to tune below the fs of the sub. Which totally wild guess but I'd put 100$ that your sub doesn't have a fs below 33 So in reality your box needs to be 8 1/2 feet long and the same cone area as your sub the entire length SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 Fi Q 18" has 1210 sq cm of cone area, that 187.5" sq in. 187.5 * 8.5 feet long comes out to about 11 cubes of airspace. The OP has around 25 cubes of space available. He has plenty of room for the T-line if he so chooses. Now whether he would be better served by a regular ported box vs a T-Line is a different matter. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
CortezDTV Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 In fact this took me less than 1 min to find On this forum in the same section you posted There is a ton of info on Tlines. Read a little it's what I did to learn and it's quite easy How to calculate cone areaCone area = pi x (r x r)pi = 3.14 r = radius of subOne 8" = 50.27One 10" = 78.54One 12" = 113.1One 15" = 176.71One 18" = 254.47Two 8" = 100.53Two 10" = 157.08Two 12" = 226.19Two 15" = 353.43Two 18" = 508.94Three 8" = 150.8Three 10" = 235.62Three 12" = 339.29Three 15" = 530.14Three 18" = 763.41Four 8" = 201.06Four 10" = 314.16Four 12" = 452.39Four 15" = 706.86Four 18" = 1017.87 Your magic number with 1 18 is 254 So take 250 that is your port area a rectangle that can be 16x15 10x25 However you an get close enough to fold it in there Bend it back and forth as many times as you need to make it 8' long You want the port and sub to end as close together as Possiable and facing the same direction Good luck SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
CleanSierra Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 It's 32.1 for the D2 and 32.4 for the D1 haha. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CortezDTV Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 It's 32.1 for the D2 and 32.4 for the D1 haha. Lmao I was going to say 30hz at first and I was like fuck it 33 SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Kyblack76 Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 why? why do people nut on T lines? Cuz they hear "that they can sound like they have double the cone area" ? i just dont get it. .... im probably stupid. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CortezDTV Posted January 12, 2015 Report Posted January 12, 2015 why? why do people nut on T lines? Cuz they hear "that they can sound like they have double the cone area" ? i just dont get it. .... im probably stupid. They work great for 300 watts and down with 8s and maybe a 10But past that I'm with you Kyle I've built them for 15s etc etc To me they are legit with an 8 300 watts in a hatchback for someone's first system They bang for what they are But it's still a sub on minuscule power I mean when I say loud Kyle you know what I mean but apparently not too many people do. 154+ on music in the 30 hz range is loud. Well there and up SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.