Sundown Audio

Amp clipping on bass kick notes

Totalnoob

hey guys i have a 2k soundqubed amp and on the bass knob the clipping light goes off on the highers bass thump notes. I am not sure what you call them i think bass kicks idk but it happens way before the low bass starts clipping. I could sometimes turn the knob all the way up before i see a glimpse of the clipping light on the low notes.

Is there something i could do to have the low bass clipping(not necessarily clipping but have a higher output like how it sounds when i let the bass kicks clip) before the kick notes because the bass gets so much louder when i ignore the flashing light of the kick notes.

i never let it clip on the low bass notes though just on the kicks because the low bass doesnt really get loud unless i let the thumps clip if that makes sense it just lights for a quick second i dont know if this is causing alot of harm to the sub or amp but i would like to somehow have the high notes and the low notes to balance out so it doesnt clip at all.

sorry for repeating myself a hundred times im just trying to give as much information as i can so you guys can help.

is there any advice or steps i could take to prevent this bass kick from clipping before the low bass does.

you guys think it is safe to have the bass knob light clipping on the kicks for like a half a second on pretty much every kick note in the song?

some stuff you guys might need to know i have the low pass filter on the head-unit 63hz and i have the subsonic set to around 28hz because my box is tuned to 32hz.

Archived