need some input/advice

Aj11

before i start, sorry for the long post. i have to give some background.

about 8 months ago i bought all new JL rc cables for my system. a 4channel set and 2 channel set. 2 days after i got this terrible noise. after countless hours i finally fixed it by grounding the rca output s on my deck. as months went on the problem would come back and go away. i thought it was My deck.

2 weeks ago i got a new deck. installed it and everything was perfect for 24 hours. the morning after i installed it the issue was back.

i took every wire out of my car and redid it except for the pos runs and grounds. (i checked them tho there still solid and covered in silicon) problem was still there. so i grounded the rca outputs again and the issue was gone, except for the subs, they sounded odd. so i went and got new rc cables. i haven't hooked them up yet.

but i took the old deck and hooked it up to my bench station in my basement. it's all ran off 2agm 12v batteries. the odd deck has the same issue on the bench as in the car. the new deck makes the same terrible noise as the old one. it pops and hisses.

before i run the new rc cables tomorrow is there any input anyone can give me?

note i have hooked the amp up to a rc-3.5mm jack off my phone and everything works fine. the front rear and sub stage play clean and clear. i have tried everything listed in the "post here before engine whine" thread.

I'm really hoping my rc cables are the issue... but having the same result on my bench without them has got me worried. two decks making the exact same noise is very odd.

i can post vids of the sound if it helpd. again any ideas before i spending another day redoing all my wires would be great!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

(not bumping just adding) the ground is 4g 1ft to the firewall. the battery wire is ran unfused to the battery. there are no ground loops, I've checked several times. all the dmm readings check out.

and again with all the speaker wires hooked up to the amp from a 3.5mm jack the speakers play loud and clear. so i know there not spliced. only with rc cables to deck do i have a issue. rc grounded cant play sub without feeling worried about it. rc not grounded can't play without feeling like everything is gonna brake.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

You aint got to lie... you were bumping or you would have edited.

:D Just messin with ya....

There is some good relevant info in this thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162518-truth-about-rca-cables-coax-vs-twisted-pair/

I had a rca get pinched before in the car and it caused hissing. Replaced it and it went away defintly check the route you took with your rcas and go from there could always run your new rcas to sub with out hiding them and test to see if the noise is gone

I'm gonna run new rcas tomorrow. gonna just run them threw the car no hiding for easy trouble shooting.

old deck a jvc new deck a Kenwood. while not pioneer still the same brand. I'm really hopping it's the rca cables, but having the old deck on my bench without the same rca cables having the same issue really worries me.

lol Rock, gonna check that Link out right now.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

first thing i thought of, it's not the issue rock.

seen That post a long long time ago

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

if i plug 1 set of rc cables it's fine, 2 sets it's back. I'm talking about the deck on the bench. haven't tried with the one in my car. it's 8° out. that's why I'm waiting for tomorrow to work on the car. gonna be in the 30°s for the first time all week tomorrow.

haven't tried theactual amp yet. but with the 3.5mm jack all is good.

but what are you getting at? feel like I'm.getting close to a answer

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

ground loop through the rca cables.. might be worth trying a different type of rca cables.... 3x sets of left and right rca's (shielded/earthed) I've had this same issue happen but had no luck with different rcas. goodluck trying to fix the problem bud, interested in what solution you find

Archived