Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Burp Box design help


BigManAC

Recommended Posts

Posted

This year I want to build a burp box for my BL 15 to see if I can get a little higher score. The torres is just to get a basic idea of how it will be. I dont know the fq of my car yet and will find that out at the first show in March. Once I know that I will change the tuning. What should be an appropriate port area? Should I go with a different port config? Any info is helpful.

BurpBox_zps4db022d5.png

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

in the same car on the same power

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

Box is a little too big for a pure spl build. Unless you aren't running a ton of power and the larger size enclosure will help efficiency some. If it were me I would do a 3 cube box with a single 8" aeroport and see what it can do. I don't have a ton of experience with trunk cars but with the same box and a single Nightshade 15 off 2 saz2000d's I did a 152.6 on the dash sealed in my Focus ZX3. What is going to make all the difference is the direction of the sub and the port along with tuning frequency. That's where I don't have anything to offer but with testing can be achieved.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

Box is a little too big for a pure spl build. Unless you aren't running a ton of power and the larger size enclosure will help efficiency some. If it were me I would do a 3 cube box with a single 8" aeroport and see what it can do. I don't have a ton of experience with trunk cars but with the same box and a single Nightshade 15 off 2 saz2000d's I did a 152.6 on the dash sealed in my Focus ZX3. What is going to make all the difference is the direction of the sub and the port along with tuning frequency. That's where I don't have anything to offer but with testing can be achieved.

Alright I will drop the net down to 3 and stick with the single 8'' aero port. Im going to be buying an SPL meter and then do sweeps until I figure out the cars fq. Both sub and the port will be forward facing since it is sealed off. Would it be better to have the port on the passenger side since thats where the meter is or does it matter. Also since its a 8'' aero port does there need to be 8" between the back of the port and the rear of the box?

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

...

Also since its a 8'' aero port does there need to be 8" between the back of the port and the rear of the box?

If you can get 8" that would be ideal. In reality you can probably get away with a little less. If you get too close it will affect your tuning.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

It all depends on the fq of the car. I went with a 12'' (L) port bc I just picking a fq of 45 as the fq of my car. If the port is too long I will have whatever won't fit inside the box extend outside.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Box is a little too big for a pure spl build. Unless you aren't running a ton of power and the larger size enclosure will help efficiency some. If it were me I would do a 3 cube box with a single 8" aeroport and see what it can do. I don't have a ton of experience with trunk cars but with the same box and a single Nightshade 15 off 2 saz2000d's I did a 152.6 on the dash sealed in my Focus ZX3. What is going to make all the difference is the direction of the sub and the port along with tuning frequency. That's where I don't have anything to offer but with testing can be achieved.

I tried to PM you but your box was full. Where did you get the 8'' aero port from.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I got the one I am using from Bill Lolo of psychoport, but he isn't making them any longer. The next best thing is to flare 8" PVC but if that's not an option an 8" sonotube can be modified to work. Also I have a meter if you want to test sometime.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

Okay ill try the PVC thing, my friend just got a heat gun so I can use that. Yeah that would be cool. I have a small one but I just used it to find the res fq of my car. I have family in Madison so Ill be up there for spring break the week of the 16th.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4888 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...