Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I need help.


K_McPartlin

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am building a new box for my jeep. I have 2 12 inch L5s and i have a normal ported box build with plans but i was wondering if a T-Line would be nicer. The only thing is i have no clue how to figure out the T-line math. I have read over 10 hours on it plus videos but i dont understand. Should i stick with a Normal ported box tuned to 30hz or should i make a t-line????

Normal ported Box(Used RE Box Calculator):

Width=33 inch

Height=17 inch

Top and bottom Depth=17

Wood thickness=0.75 mdf

Port Height=15

Port width=2.5

Port length 1=13.5

Port length 2= 9

Tuned Freguency= 30.179 hz

I dont understand the T-line box math.

Posted

What do you think a T-line is going to do for you that a ported box can't?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Everyone says T-line are way better sound quality. I guess i stick with a Ported but when i upgrade or downgrade or my next build ill figure out a t-line

Posted

T line for 2 square 12 inch subs would be a massive enclosure. Just quick, 7.5ft line with an area of approximately 300sq in. Roughly the size of 4 of your current enclosures.

Posted

Everyone says T-line are way better sound quality. I guess i stick with a Ported but when i upgrade or downgrade or my next build ill figure out a t-line

T-lines can have excellent sound quality, if they are designed properly to do so. So can ported boxes though. T-lines can also sound like crap if they aren't done right, also like ported boxes.

There is nothing about T-lines that automatically makes them sound better (or worse) than ported boxes. They are just a different way to do things that sometimes is better and sometimes is not.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I'd just go with a normal ported, slot or aero whichever you choose. Those subs like big boxes, being that it's square cone I would build the enclosure as If I was building for 15s. Btw don't use re, I've been down that road before. Wasted like $80 worth of wood, use Torres it's a lot closer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9027 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...