System cutting out at full volume.

So my system is as follow:

2013 Dodge Dart

Factory HU

3sixty.3

American Bass SQ375 - Powering American Bass VFL 525MR and Mid bass VFL 65MB

American Bass SQ500 - Powering Tweets American Bass SQ T10

American Bass VFL1880-1D - Powering an American Bass XFL 1222

Running Sky High OFC 1/0 from front battery to a distribution block in the trunk and Sky High OFC 1/0 from ground distribution block to chassis ground.

I run the 3sixty.3 configuration to set it up. It auto adjust the level for the signal coming from the Factory HU. It finds my maximum volume to use is 24 out of 38.

I have all gains turned all the way down at this point. Made some adjustments to the crossovers in the 3sixty.3 did some adjustments to the EQ and it sounds great. Except when i get the volume to 23 or 24 the system starts cutting out.

I have checked ground it is solid on a paint free area of the trunk check continuity from trunk ground point to negative battery terminal and all is good.

When system is at 23 or 24 measure voltage to the distribution block and it is reading 14.8 and drops to 14.2 with deep bass notes until it cuts out but never does voltage drop below 14.2 volts.

I see there are level setting on the 3sixty.3 GUI screen. Would this be like the gains on my amp? Because right now the 3sixty.3 has them maxed out by default.

This has me stumped any help would be great.

Thanks

Dan

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer
  • Raspberry Pi - Running OSMC using optical out to 3Sixty.3
  • Wiring - Sky High Car Audio

Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190450-2013-dodge-dart-american-bass-install/

Check that the sub woofer is wired properly to the amplifier? I've seen that happen, which a sub woofer is wired to a lower impedance which cause the amplifier to go into protect when to volume is turn up two much.

It happened to my friend's two dual 2's he wired in parallel/parallel to an amplifier that wasn't 1 ohm stable. So it could be as simple as that.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I do believe I have it wired in parallel to give me a 1 ohm load which the amp can handle. It is a dual voice coil 2 ohm wired in parallel should give me 1 ohm load. On my sub box I have 4 binding post 2 positive and 2 negative. From there my amp has 2 positive and 2 negative inputs. I read that both coils into the amp and the amp will see it as parallel. I hope this is the correct way to hook the sub up.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190450-2013-dodge-dart-american-bass-install/

So was working on it again this morning. Plug the 3sixty.3 into computer and everything is working great. Volume at 22, 23, 24 sound awesome. Do some more tuning get it where I like it, save the settings to computer and then save them to the processor. Shut down the program on the computer and unplug USB from processor. Immediately starts cutting out. Plug the USB back plays flawless. Unplug USB starts cutting out. Really confused at this point. And I understand turn it down. And I rarely listen at that level but turning it down doesn't solve the problem. The problem is still there just put a band aid on it by turning its down.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

What alt are you running?

Are you going into protect or just cutting out?

Have you checked to see which components if any are actually powering off?

Have you checked the voltage of all of your remote turn on leads?

Stock Alt. Nothing goes into protect just cuts out. None of the components are powering off. I have checked voltage everywhere. The thing really bothering me is if the processor is plugged into the computer everything works fine at all volumes. Unplug the processor from the computer and starts to cut out. I plug it back into computer and no issue. that is what is confusing me right now. I no longer think it is an amp problem I now think there is something wrong with processor or I am missing something in the setup. Thanks for the help.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

its an iPhone plugged directly into the usb port on the car and bluetooth that is connected through the car. I have an email in with Rockford to see if they have any insight on this issue.

• 2013 Dodge Dart
  • Factory HU
  • Alpine V9
  • Alpine F4
  • Hertz HT-25 Tweeter
  • Hertz HL-70 Mid-Range
  • Hertz HV-165L Woofer

Archived