Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Well, that was a waste of 2 days. The 3rd I.D. sub I purchased off ebay, the suspension though not sagging is loose. It reaches it's excursion limit while my other 2 subs do not. Mine just feel stiffer. I'm getting 1.3-1.4 Ohm in series-parallel. I contacted the seller. I may just go with the 2 RF T1 12's I have instead.

-Frank

Those t1's would need 4-4.5cuft ported.

They sound good sealed though and you have plenty of space to run them sealed.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Update: Ok, so I found that when I had the Crossfire CFA302 and JL Audio 1000.1 connected, I can run both off 8 gauge Stinger wire, fed off the 4 gauge Streetwires from the battery. Both amps ran at 2 Ohms so there was no problem. When I went to connect a piece of 4 gauge Streetwire to the JL and Avionixx 2800M both I was now running at 1 Ohm, this caused the Crossfire amp to cutout. If I discconected the bass amp, the Crossfire would play without effort. I guess I will have to run 0 gauge wire to the back to do a bi amp set up. That and a high output alternator.

What I can tell you guys it that these Rockford Fosgate T1D412's are INSANE. BRoke, I know you said it needs >4cf, but I wish you guys were here to hear it. I thought the ID's put out clean bass. These truly make your eyeballs rattle and nose itch. Safe to say, this is the strongest system I've built to date. I was going to offer them to Devin instead of the Power HX2's,but I'm keeping these and selling the IDQ12s. Tha air movement at the window reminds me of my 4 HX2 12s I had yrs back, only louder.

I used the same 3.60 cf box. Rockford fosgate recommends 1.75 ported. So 3.5cf plus the 0.20cf woofer displacement total, I'm only .10cf (I needed 3.70cf) being right where I am supposed to be. The port is 4"x6.25" x's 9" inches long.

IMAG1337_zps3pkspzwy.jpg

-Frank

Archived