Ryan929 Posted January 26, 2015 Author Report Posted January 26, 2015 I just wasn't sure how much port area was needed per cubic foot
Jeff4661 Posted January 26, 2015 Report Posted January 26, 2015 I just wasn't sure how much port area was needed per cubic foot As it has been discussed meany other times Port area per cube is a rough guess at best.. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.. it's better to adjust port area based on the Xmax of the driver Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
99blazer Posted January 26, 2015 Report Posted January 26, 2015 Doing it by xmax is nice but it takes up a whole lot of volume. For instances my hdc4-12 needed 72 sq inches of port and a length of 60.25 inches and all I had was 3.75cubes to work with before displacements. Try using winisd and see what it gets you. its a real helpful program 08 Ford F150
Ryan929 Posted January 26, 2015 Author Report Posted January 26, 2015 Okay thanks I'll try using that program and see what it comes up with
99blazer Posted January 26, 2015 Report Posted January 26, 2015 google winisd 0.7.0.9 its the must updated one 08 Ford F150
Jeff4661 Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 Doing it by xmax is nice but it takes up a whole lot of volume. For instances my hdc4-12 needed 72 sq inches of port and a length of 60.25 inches and all I had was 3.75cubes to work with before displacements. Try using winisd and see what it gets you. its a real helpful program that's how I always determine my port size an length.. I've been very happy with results thus far Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
99blazer Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 I have done one box like that in the past but was hella huge for one 10 08 Ford F150
Ryan929 Posted January 29, 2015 Author Report Posted January 29, 2015 Just realized that program wont work because i have a mac.. lol
SQL50 Posted February 1, 2015 Report Posted February 1, 2015 Port area is based off of x max, tuning, and size of the driver.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.