Second Skin Audio

Need Help With Box Design Please

Chris Dennis

I want to build a box that will go in the back of my suburban. I have plenty of room to work with if needed. Max length of room in the back is 65", 45" wide and 20" tall. Of course we don't need to fill all that space, but if its what I have to do to get good deep sound out of these I don't mind using it all. I would like the box to be ported. Also would prefer that the subs face up towards the roof with the port facing towards the rear doors if you think that will sound the best. Can you design something like this for me please? I tried PMing you but it says you can't accept any new messages.

Thanks in advance.

He can't help if he doesn't know what subs you're using or the amount of power you'll be pushing them with. What kind of music do you listen to for tuning frequency?

sorry I had all that info in the original private message. I didnt realize it must not have copied over. They are two Sundown Audio Z v.2 18's Here is a link to their specs. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/discontinued/item/z-series-v2.html

I mainly listen to rap and like to listen to songs that get low. I want something that will get low as possible but still get very loud as well. I am planning on powering them with a SAZ 3500 or similar style amp running it at 1/2 an ohm.

actually, I am probably going to run the subs at 2 ohms just to be safe. I am not quite sure what amp I want to get yet, but I am looking at a stesom 3000 watt at 2 ohms amp or something similar. What happened to the sketch you had drawn. I swear I was on here earlier on my phone and saw a blueprint but now I cant find it

I was told it would be better to run at 2 ohm load since it's my daily and it would be easier on my electrical. As of right now I am completely stock on the electric as of right now. I am thinking of getting something that will put out about 3,000 watts at 2 ohms. That way each sub sees 1500 watts which is what they are rated. I am thinking maybe audio pipe 3000.1 or kicker ax 2500.1 or the amp I listed two posts up. What do you think would be a good amp that puts out about 3000 k at 2 ohms and what electrical upgrades would I need?

Archived