gizmo1 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 I was wandering if anyone can help me design a slot ported enclosure for a single sa8v2. My goal is .55cubes and 34hz. Max measurements are 12.5" x 12.5" x 34". I have been having a hard time with this. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out I would really appreciate it thanks.
Joe X Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Here is something near, the difference would be likely inaudible: NOTES: power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide.
gizmo1 Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 Cool thanks are the rounded off and angled edges figured in or just like that in the picture.
Joe X Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 The picture is for reference, at any turn or at the ends of the port you should just take away the sharp edges rounding a bit by any method of your preference, don't have to do it exactly as shown. One more thing, tighter net volume improves sound quality a bit but may reduce efficiency (being a single 8" setup is something to bear in mind), just making sure you picked that tight net volume on purpose.
gizmo1 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 Yes sir I actually picked a smaller volume because I am planning on running this sub off a 1000 watt amp for now. When I get another 8 I am planning on building another box at around .75 per sub and using 2 new amp's. For now I'm just using what I have laying around.
Joe X Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 Well, use your subsonic filter and set your gains with DD-1, 1K is a bit too much heat for it so just be careful.
gizmo1 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 I am wandering now if it would still be OK to put 1000 watts to it in an enclosure that is closer to .8 cubes
Joe X Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 Slight difference in box size won't prevent over excursion, raw modeling data shows that on a 34Hz tuning you will hit Xmax at 29Hz on 1K and at 25Hz on rated power, if you go ahead and push 1K set the subsonic to 30-31Hz so that it start acting as the port ceases to load.
gizmo1 Posted January 24, 2015 Author Report Posted January 24, 2015 So do you by any chance have a box design for the same sub at around .75 cubes and 34hz? By the way thanks for all your help I really appreciate it man.
Joe X Posted January 24, 2015 Report Posted January 24, 2015 Sure, the above box was modified to 0.75 cubic feet net, subsonic filter to 30-31 Hz if running higher than rated power on it as commented before.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.