Ron36 Posted February 11, 2016 Report Posted February 11, 2016 U know when your stuff arrives your gonna start building its to hard to just stair at the subs and not start building its a drug and everyone on this site is an addict.Got a 250amp alternator for Christmas and was outside installing it within 2 days and it ain't warm in Wisconsin in December. 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Mike Rebman Posted February 12, 2016 Author Report Posted February 12, 2016 I threw it into an old box I had and just set it in the back seat for now.
Mike Rebman Posted February 16, 2016 Author Report Posted February 16, 2016 Scoped my brx2400.1 yesturday courtesy of a friend to find it has bad signal on the output. Well I think we found why my subs blew. So now not only did I order new subs but I am in the market for a new amp. I would really like to go old school power and find a pair of fosgate punch 200ix dsm's but finding good working clean ones in a timely manner is going to be hard.
Mike Rebman Posted March 19, 2016 Author Report Posted March 19, 2016 out with the old, in with the new:
Mike Rebman Posted March 19, 2016 Author Report Posted March 19, 2016 Not the highest quality stuff, but I bought a pair of power acoustik mofo 124x's and a PA 6000d amp. Ive got the mdf, screws, glue, and tools. I need some fiberglass resin to top of the list before I start building. And yes the 12s are going under the seat similar to the 10s
Mike Rebman Posted March 22, 2016 Author Report Posted March 22, 2016 Weather warmed up a bit, so the rebuild has begun. I wont bore you with the in between steps too much, its the same process as the 4 10s just a different box to allow for the 12's.
Mike Rebman Posted April 10, 2016 Author Report Posted April 10, 2016 I feel like doug from soundman.. Ill get it done when I get it done. lol. I made some progress today.
MADVIBES Posted April 16, 2016 Report Posted April 16, 2016 I did two kicker l7 subs under a seat just like that but fired the ports sideways into the rear doors. sounded decent. ports might chuff a little at the lower freqs might think about 6" ports firing sideways. DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
Mike Rebman Posted April 16, 2016 Author Report Posted April 16, 2016 Ive built it with 4in ports. I had the 4 10's box adapted to 2 10s with a block faceplate with 3 in ports in it and it sounded good. I t was so ghetto though! lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.