Jump to content

01 Silverado 4 10's in progress


Recommended Posts

Posted

There is carpet pad glued to the back of the amp rack, there just isnt a pic of it since it is ugly. It was a matter of was it a 10 or a 2 and so it's a 2, meaning no one will see it so it doesnt have to look pretty. I cannot shorten the cables to the cap, the metal bracket on the back of the seat will hit and I don't need a short. And no I have a stock alternator at the moment. The hifonics amp does not have a fuse at all and requires a 250, so that is there in case of a problem to keep the wire from burning up the cab.. I dont have any isolation between the 2 batteries, they are just wired in parallel.

Posted

So I have had a little time to play around with this setup. I am not too impressed with the sound compared to what I had in my T/A. This is more than likely due to the small size box. I will test the box with only 1 sub per chamber wired. This will be 2 ohm load on my amp but at 2 ohm by spec I am at 1600w rms, which will be 400w per coil. This is actually more per coil then I am running with all 4 subs. If I like the sound better than I might just get some baffles and remove the 2 subs. Who knows if it will sound better or not.

Posted

Bummer man. I know how you feel though. I was hoping the 4 10's where going to work out for you. Keep us post and lets see some vids.

Posted

Can't believe you thought you could make that, lol, all good man. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

It only took 4 hours to get it out, after the white jeep tried, then another jeep, then a tractor, then a razor thought he could do it... Then an innocent passerby saw use and was like I can get that. He did, it was a chevy 3500 4x4 with a 10,000lb winch. He first tried it without an anchor and couldnt move me, then anchored to the white jeep, still couldnt move me. He had to anchor to a nearby tree to get me out.

Posted

Winch=win when you are in a situation like that.

What tractor?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 957 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...