rockFord_Expedition's Rebuild (Old School RF, SMD/D'Amore, CE Auto Electric, DC Power, XS Power, SHCA) lots of pics inside

Not the wood baffle, thats nice work.

Im talking about the plastic back cover ... sorry, very limited with this shitty phone.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Not the wood baffle, thats nice work.

Im talking about the plastic back cover ... sorry, very limited with this shitty phone.

My reasoning was to try to seal up the air behind the speaker to improve lower end response

Bad idea?

No, just thinking that there is not enough air space for the driver to get down and dirty ...

Thinking maybe adding polyfill between that and the driver to trick the driver into thing it has more airspace than it actually has.

... or remove it and see if there would be any noticeable difference.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

No, just thinking that there is not enough air space for the driver to get down and dirty ...

Thinking maybe adding polyfill between that and the driver to trick the driver into thing it has more airspace than it actually has.

... or remove it and see if there would be any noticeable difference.

Good stuff as always man.

I've done with and without the plastic baffle piece and it's definitely better with. I will try the poly fill as soon as I'm able. Thanks bro!!

people say the caps dont work but they actually do. for the cost no but they still work. they do release power quicker than a battery does. thats the only reason i would still use my 10 farad fosgate cap. i did notice a 2 volt difference in my build with a 2500 watt amp and stock 90a alt and no extra batteries.. on my build i will use 2 group 31 and the cap near the amp

people say the caps dont work but they actually do. for the cost no but they still work. they do release power quicker than a battery does. thats the only reason i would still use my 10 farad fosgate cap. i did notice a 2 volt difference in my build with a 2500 watt amp and stock 90a alt and no extra batteries.. on my build i will use 2 group 31 and the cap near the amp

Granted I don't have much draw, but it really does its job. Really stiffens the voltage.

Granted I don't have much draw, but it really does its job. Really stiffens the voltage.

my voltage was so bad that my deck would turn off when my dash would see 9v.. after the cap the lowest was 11v at the dash.. the amp was seeing more voltage though.. someone hacked my wiring so my dash sees less volts. i got the CE auto electric books and im going to tackle the project of wiring it. im going to be doing relays and shit under there to stiffen my voltage at the dash

your build is not loud like the rest but its something i would like to have. sometimes its good to have something that is not too loud and sound clean

Archived