Jump to content

Jeff4661's YUKONG 2.0 THE GORRILLA CAGE


Recommended Posts

Posted

Soooo . This happened..

IMG_20150419_110553_497_zpsgdotph0p.jpg

IMG_20150419_110508_492_zpsubkgvaep.jpg

During my long demo session Saturday night.. Sub's got hot and the cone disconnected from the spiders and voice coil..

No complaints here I've beat on these sub's and there only rated at 250rms ...

Needless to say I didn't sweat it just went to ABC warehouse and got another :D esactly why I got the warranty :)

Here is the new sub

IMG_20150419_120142_917_zpsuusmeqnj.jpg

Posted

I met with insurance Monday. They wrote my estimate and the check is in the mail.. So I ordered all the parts to fix it ..

but in the meantime...

I worked on cleaning up the spray foam so I can build beauty panels for the wall and install my 4 8" mids and 2 pro tweeters..

Heres some pics.

IMG_20150422_163840_213_zpspfpdgkjn.jpgIMG_20150422_165735_506_zps5iglty3y.jpgIMG_20150422_165748_767_zpsvpreezdp.jpg

More good stuff to come

Posted

Ok so some updates

I got all the parts to fix the yukong..

IMG_20150427_151839_641_zps1e0cgacf.jpg

I had to get some painting done in the front end so I took off my rear window trim pieces

IMG_20150427_142142_162_zpsmy8hlpvj.jpgIMG_20150427_142134_129_zpszhjh2umh.jpgIMG_20150427_142200_180_zpsq6zqf10x.jpg

The reason I took them off was to have them painted to match the yukong..

IMG_20150429_150122_752_zpsx9jqhm07.jpgIMG_20150429_163458_328_zpscyorssea.jpg

Since I was doing that I finnaly got around to getting some led taillights for it..

IMG_20150429_163310_294_zpsa9xbosnv.jpg

IMG_20150429_163447_657_zpshp4jngyy.jpgIMG_20150429_175943_760_zpsj4i7kue9.jpgIMG_20150429_175951_113_zpspjerkgad.jpg

I also tore apart the front end..

IMG_20150429_155349_198_zpsjviphibo.jpg

I replaced almost everything seen in the picture but I will hold off on pictures bcs I've got some custom stuff happening with the front.. Will post more pixs later this week

Enjoy ;)

Posted

Alright I have a tone of updates...

First off Heres what the yukongs front end looks like currently.. Still more coming..IMG_20150430_171301_362_zpsohn44fs1.jpg

I ordered and installed 10k HID's

IMG_20150502_220253_040_zpsunfnxzu0.jpg

And Friday I sound deadend the hatch with dynamat extream and the rear doors with rockhorn (amazon deadener)

IMG_20150503_164756_558_zpsniuajzl4.jpgIMG_20150503_164745_133_zpswzdji7s9.jpgIMG_20150503_164736_775_zps5p3s5bxl.jpg

Also made a decision on sub's for yukong 2.0 not given anything away just yet but I picked up 2 motors this weekend with 12" baskets... IMG_20150502_151758_864_zpspu4lwaqi.jpgIMG_20150502_151839_226_zps8my3rkyr.jpgIMG_20150502_202141_811_zpsvmqatnkz.jpgIMG_20150502_222458_896_zpslzxr18dr.jpg

HINT: I WILL NOT BE USING THE 12" baskets and I still need more motors

That is all

Posted

Well got more done yesterday ..

decided since my other 800.4 will be here this week that I better get cracken on my rear mids an highs..

Due to airspace I wanted to space the rear speakers out from the box so I built this panal that slides into the box and gets screwed up to the box itself.. It will also have 90° brackets to support the ends

IMG_20150504_143133_268_zps2rdpd946.jpg

IMG_20150504_141902_440_zpsjoihfzvd.jpg

Next came the baffle for the 4 8"s an 2 super tweeters.. Pretty self explanatory..

IMG_20150504_141902_440_zpsjoihfzvd.jpg

Baffle is aimed torword the headrests at a 24°angle.. Here is how it will look..

IMG_20150504_145705_564_zps1tx5kqvq.jpg

Added bracing and glassed the backsides.. For strength..

IMG_20150504_155321_020_zps59qtxhrc.jpgIMG_20150504_161743_619_zps7alvqyah.jpg

Posted

Man you've been busy! stop teasing subs.

WHAT SUBS WILL YOU BE RUNNING!!!

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

Man you've been busy! stop teasing subs.

WHAT SUBS WILL YOU BE RUNNING!!!

you'll see :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 439 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...