Sundown Audio

Hifonics BRX2400.1??

Jeff4661

well just because you have lots of batteries and alternator it dont mean the amp will magically put out more. at best you will get 2400 rms from each amp.. you have the electrical to run 9k

I'm not expecting it to magicly put out more..

I understand a 2400 watt amp is 2400 watts at 14.4v.. all I'm trying to do with the heavy electrical is keep my voltage up.. ya know?

well just because you have lots of batteries and alternator it dont mean the amp will magically put out more. at best you will get 2400 rms from each amp.. you have the electrical to run 9k

I understand a 2400 watt amp is 2400 watts at 14.4v.. all I'm trying to do with the heavy electrical is keep my voltage up.. ya know?

if you know then why ask how much will they put out with your electrical?

just to refresh your memory

How much rms do you think would be maxx? 4 AGM batteries and 2 280amp alternators?

This is just the beginning.. eventually I want 4 18s on a pair of dc 5ks

But anyway I will also have a 2 4 channel amps for mids and highs.. not like a 100rms x4 will make a big difference probably end up right around 5k rms between all of the amps

if you know then why ask how much will they put out with your electrical?

just to refresh your memory

How much rms do you think would be maxx? 4 AGM batteries and 2 280amp alternators?

Just for reassurance is the only reason I asked.. I figured 9-10k on 1 run of 1/0 per alternator.. correct?

Your electrical should be more than fine for that assuming the alts do what you say they do.

You have to remember also that the chances that you'll see all the power out of the amps regardless of the electrical is slim to none,

even if they do rated nothing is immune to impedance rise.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 runs total should be about right 4 will be a bit overkill

Do you think it's worth it to go with 5 AGMs? Bcs I am in debate about putting a 5th one under the hood then running the alternators to that battery then make my runs back in either 1/0 or 2/0

If we are talking about ofc yeah 3 runs will be good.

Ok I'm going to use either OFC welding cable or possibly SHCA OFC

Also I will not be using the factory alternator for my system.. so 3 alternators total 2 of them for the system.. 1 just for the factory electrical

Archived