Hooked up rcas to wrong channel on amp.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm hoping it is.

Well I hooked up a new system last night consisting of a kenwood indash player, sa8v2 sub, and Memphis 1000w amp. It was late lots of beer was involved and when I got done it wasn't working. The amp comes on but no output what so ever from sub.

So today I go to check it out and I realize I had the RCAs connected to the input and output channel on the amp at the same time using splitters.(I feel stupid) So now I'm wandering is this enough to blow the RCA output at the deck? Or is my problem maybe somewhere else. Everything is new except for the amp so maybe this is my problem I'm not sure but when I tested the speaker wire at the amp it was reading 0ohms so I'm hoping a speaker wire just came loose I would have checked it already but its literally freezing outside.

There are 3 channels on the deck front, rear, and SW. I made sure I hooked the RCAs up to the SW channel.

Hopefully a wire just came loose on the subwoofer. I'm hoping I didn't blow the RCA output on the deck. I just don't know if the situation I described above would be enough to blow the RCA output. Hopefully not.

I've done it before on a pioneer deck and it kinda sucks. It would be even worse in this situation though being its a brand new kenwood indash with less than an hours use. I tell ya that would really ruin my day. I wouldn't be surprised though with the luck I'm having lately.

You got a 3.5mm to rca jack? Plug that into the amp and then to your phone or iPod and if it works, then it's your head unit, if nothing then might be your amp or a loose connection at the subs...

Lol I don't think its the beers that got me that was probably part of it but the late hours what was really killing me lol. I started getting sloppy and trying to rush stuff.

As far as hooking my mp3 straight to the amp I have actually been looking for my RCA to 3.5 cable all day and no luck I think I'm going to go see if I can find another cheap one tomorrow at the store.

Archived