Second Skin Audio

Box design For 2x Targas 1502dw's

BannisterEc

Without any ts parameters building a box will be based on guesswork lol. Best advice would be to work through try and error. Build an average box and see how it performs, then take note of the issues you encounter. Then build again based on what you discovered until you get the box right. Main things to take note of should be Xmax, port area, coil temp (amp too big for subs), etc. I'm sure JoeX has some other ideas too. For a start you could try a box with 3.5-4ft3 (100-114L) per sub using the GENERAL rule of 12-16sq inches per cube. Any particular reason why you wanna tune that high??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

I can't listen to all my music that Ive gathered over time but I do have 2000wrs amp with 2 x15s at home but I stay on the third floor in a block of flats. B) Not the greatest idea when I bought it last year

Im not sure if this is at all correct but in my mind I think these Starsounds should be tuned higher because they are completion burp subs, so I automatically think even though they are 15s they would have a higher fs unlike the Targa Streets which I think is 25.2hz. Are subwoofers in box not meant to be tuned not lower then their Fs? Please correct me if Im wrong as I am not experienced in box building but that's what I have always thought but never asked.

At the moment I have nowhere to build a box so I may have to do it in the lounge, wife is going to make me sleep on the sofa lol.

Tuning lower than fs is fine. According to what I understand is that a sub will have a harder time playing below its fs but that doesn't mean it will fail to play those frequencies. If your wanna tune high especially for a daily setup try around 37hz maybe. You could also build a box with inter-changeable ports so you test to see which frequency works best for you.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Here is a cheap way to get t/s parameters approximately as instructed on the link:

http://www.webervst.com/spkrcalc/para.htm

The sinewave generator and the frequency counter can be implemented with a phone app, so, an amp a resistor and a decent digital multimeter is what needed + a sealed box to get Vas (or some coins). A lot of patience to do it right too.

You can also go by trial and error, if fact trial and error always play a role but best is having the params so you pick a good starting point and can get the best results and faster.

Love the customer support of those subwoofer manufacturers you guys have to deal with.

The box JoeX designed was based on the Targas t/s parameters. So what worked for them wouldn't neccessarily work for the starsounds you have.

I'm pretty sure the sound you're getting is from coil rub. Even at mid-volume things can get messed up in a wrong box with gains not properly set. Plus you're overpowering the subs. 1st thing you should do is disconnect the sub and dmm it to see if the coils are ok.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Archived