Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

*KingrancH Bass Build*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone, I am new to the board!

I am building a ported box 32w x 16h x 20d for two 12" type r's.

My dilemma is I am torn betweem using an L port design or a center slot design.

I have played around with the re audio box calculator but it only allows for a L design.

I think having the single port in the middle would sound better but I have yet to find a program to build one.

Another thing I have been wondering about is being these subs are going in a crew cab truck what would be the best direction of the subs/vents?

Maybe someone here is kind enough to sketch me something up with some port dimensions. :)

Posted

if you can hear the difference between the two Id be really impressed.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Where in the crew cab are you planning on putting enclosure ?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Im taking the 60% seat out and leaving the 40 behind the passenger seat.

I was thinking subs forward and vent up or everything up. Everything up would probably get the best bang I am assuming.

As for the L vs. Center slot, its not about sound but rather equalizing the stress on the two speakers

Posted

Again if designed right you impart no more stress on any speaker via port placement

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

No there are people who are willing to do work for others I'm not one of them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9033 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...