Second Skin Audio

Where do i bend the port at?

RageQuitForLife

So I got some help with figuring out the dimensions with the torres calculator. My only problem is that I'm not sure if i am right about where to bend the port. looking at the specs from the calculator would i bend the port at 18.5inch and then the rest going along the back? this is for a middle port boxnUETsDh.png

You port needs to be the same size all they through to the end.So if it starts out as 4in wide then it needs to stay 4in wide through the whole thing. So the first section of your port will be 17.25in long then you'll have your bend along the other wall that extends 12in, then your port should be the desired length/witdth. Sorry if my math is off I did that kinda fast.

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

You port needs to be the same size all they through to the end.So if it starts out as 4in wide then it needs to stay 4in wide through the whole thing.so the first section of your port will be 17.25in long then you'll have your bend along the other wall that extends

i was told that if i do a middle port for 2 subs that you split the length of the port when you bend it, being 2 inches for each chamber when it bends. Are these other people wrong?

At the turn, the port needs to be half the port width from the back wall....I think it's length minus 1.5 minus half the port width, that should give you the two lengths of the port before the turn....

Edit: for ports in the middle

You port needs to be the same size all they through to the end.So if it starts out as 4in wide then it needs to stay 4in wide through the whole thing.so the first section of your port will be 17.25in long then you'll have your bend along the other wall that extends

i was told that if i do a middle port for 2 subs that you split the length of the port when you bend it, being 2 inches for each chamber when it bends. Are these other people wrong?
Sorry I missed the part that said its a middle port,my math was for a side port

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

"Move the port!"

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived