J_west07 Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Trying to learn how to tune a ported box or to find a box design for 4 12" subs. It's going in a 04 eclipse. Using 4 rockford fosgate T1's. Max dimensions 42"x27"x14" wanting it tuned around 32-36hz
aculous Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 download WinISD, model a couple enclsoures. move around the tuning freq. to where it peaks the best...(I guess I would ask other people on that I am still learning) then put it into the Torres worksheet on here, I think its a calculator actually. That will give you dimensions but you have to model the enclsoure first.
Jessica Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Trying to learn how to tune a ported box or to find a box design for 4 12" subs. It's going in a 04 eclipse. Using 4 rockford fosgate T1's. Max dimensions 42"x27"x14" wanting it tuned around 32-36hz even with only a single layer of 3/4" mdf all the way around you only have 7.4cuft to work with. i dont think 4 12's are gonna work considering those need at least 1.75 cuft each and you dont even have the port yet. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
J_west07 Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 Ok. How about 46x27x15? I was trying to leave a lil room for batteries and my amp... but I'll figure something out
aculous Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 May have to settle for two. Do you have the subs already?
Joe X Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Trying to learn how to tune a ported box or to find a box design for 4 12" subs. It's going in a 04 eclipse. Using 4 rockford fosgate T1's. Max dimensions 42"x27"x14" wanting it tuned around 32-36hz You will need more space for 4 of those ported.
J_west07 Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 Also subs need to facing up and port on the end of the enclosure. Would like the subs close as possible to where the port comes out
Jessica Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 Ok. How about 46x27x15? I was trying to leave a lil room for batteries and my amp... but I'll figure something out that gives you 8,8cuft. still would be hella tight getting enough port area and a single layer box for 4 12s is gonn be shitty unless you can brace it without taking up more space in the box Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Jessica Posted February 10, 2015 Report Posted February 10, 2015 you putting this in the trunk? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
J_west07 Posted February 10, 2015 Author Report Posted February 10, 2015 I have 2 in their right now. I'm eventually gonna wall it. If I can't fit 4 in there with a ported box then I'll run them in a sealed box... would rather not tho. I changed the specs tho... would that still not work?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.