My Electrical install

Ok guys so I have a 99 civic ex coupe, I plan on running 2 runs sky high 1/0 gauge from front to back 1 pos and 1 negative my front battery will be a xs power d925 and my rear battery will be a xs power d3400, now I will have all sky high 1/0 for my big 3 will this be enough for my SQ2200 and possibly a sony 4 channel for my mids and highs upfront? The alternator is stock at the moment but I will be upgrading that soon too.

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

With the alt (assuming you're getting a good alt) you'll be perfectly fine.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

320 amp alt and it says it will be 230 amps at idle. like 15-16 feet or so,not sure never knew that this mattered?

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

No way it does that at idle. I have a 340 and it only does 200 at idle

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

320 amp alt and it says it will be 230 amps at idle. like 15-16 feet or so,not sure never knew that this mattered?

Voltage drops across wire. The longer the run, the more drop. Also, wire of a given diameter can only carry so much current. Don't forget that OFC can carry more current than CCA.

Those are all factors when deciding what wire to run.

With a 320A alt, I would use SHCA 2/0 for your big 3 and your front to back runs. Short runs of 1/0 OFC will suffice where necessary.

Thanks a lot and I'm just going by what I found on from irragi cause he was a alt company I was gonna go with too, but I been doing digging.

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

Archived